We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Experience! Zia and Bengal Tours Ltd.

NYC
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Great Experience! Zia and Bengal Tours Ltd.

I recently got back from a trip to Bangladesh. I'm not usually one to do this, but I had SUCH an amazing experience with our tour guide that I wanted to get the word out there and I figured this was a great place.

A bit of background: I like to travel. A lot. Been all over the states, Europe, Central and South America. Usually backpacking and staying in hostels or couchsurfing. I have to admit, I always kind of turned my nose up when I would see a group of people on a package tour, and never thought that I'd find myself on one.

Buuttttt, my friends got married in Bangladesh (he was born there). They had a wedding with a couple hundred Bangladeshi's and about 15 friends and family from the states went over to celebrate with them. We wanted to do some traveling, but figured that organizing such a large group on our own would be challenging. So we arranged to do a 6 day tour with Bengal Tours.

The tour group was great. But the main thing that I wanted to comment on was our guide, Zia. In the short amount of time that we were there, Zia really made the trip into something amazing. He took us into tribal villages around Bandarban that we NEVER would have seen if we had just showed up with a guidebook (and he clearly knew the people in the village and had a good relationship with them). Everything operated super smoothly. When one of our friends had to rush back to Dhaka to get back to NYC for a last minute work emergency, Zia basically made the ocean part to get her through a crazy traffic jam and to the airport on time. He also did an amazing job of showing us around Rangmati, Teknaf, St Martin Island and Cox's Bazar.

While I never thought I would be in a tour group like this, I can totally see the benefit of being on a trip where you have such an amazing guide who can really make the most of your time.

Just wanted to throw this up somewhere in case anyone is looking for a tour guide. Zia is with Bengal Tours Ltd. was amazing. There website is www.bengaltours.com and I would definitely recommend asking specifically for Zia!

jake@jacobpritchard.com

Mentioned in this post
Bandarban
Bandarban
Chittagong Division, Bangladesh
Saint Martin's Island
Saint Martin's Island
Cox's Bazar
Cox's Bazar
denmark
Level Contributor
628 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Experience! Zia and Bengal Tours Ltd.

Great to hear that you had a nice trip and Bengal tours and Guide tours Ltd. are both reputable agents and often recommended here at TA and TT forum.

It could be nice to hear a bit about your trip - what did you see at the different locations you visited - what tribes did you visit and are there other things except than a specific guide you can recommend?

Kirsten

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
62 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Experience! Zia and Bengal Tours Ltd.

Thanks Jacob

we are contemplating a similar tour. Guess the best way is taking a car a private guide, we did the same in Romania and in Turkey.

Need to check on the best time of the year for that part of the world.Thanks.

3. Re: Great Experience! Zia and Bengal Tours Ltd.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:38 am, August 25, 2013
Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great Experience! Zia and Bengal Tours Ltd.

yes. He is . I really have a great opportunistic to work with him till now.. his dedications , his passion about the tourism makes really something special always. we are glad to have Zia in our team Bengal.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
9 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great Experience! Zia and Bengal Tours Ltd.

I had a similarly good experience with Bengal tours on a trip to the Sundarbans. Very knowledgable guide, fluent in English, great interpersonal skills (not easy to create a group feeling among very diverse foreign and local tourists) and very flexible. A lot of background info provided via books and documentaries as well.

I worked with several touroperators in the past -as a tour guide and as a customer - and was impressed by Bengal tours' professionalism. A pity I didn't arrange the Bandarban trip through them, we went on our own and it turned out to be a disappointment, mainly due to the lack of a good mediator-guide.

Mentioned in this post
Bandarban
Bandarban
6. Re: Great Experience! Zia and Bengal Tours Ltd.

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 pm, July 26, 2012
7. Re: Great Experience! Zia and Bengal Tours Ltd.

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, July 28, 2013