We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa

Which Baku hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kampala
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
visa

hello sir/madam,

am joan from uganda and need to apply for a visa to baku for the igf meeting. how can i be able to get it because in uganda there is no embassy for azerbijan.

thanks

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
232 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visa

Hello Joan,

You may try to contact the embassy of Azerbaijan in Egypt (www.azembassy.org.eg/index.php…). Seems like it's the closest one to Uganda.

kampala
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visa

Am so greatful for the assistance rendered conserning my visa application and let me hope for the best from the Egyptian embassy.

I will inform you of any feedback i get from egypt. thanks once again.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
270 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visa

I dont know if youve left yet however you can get a visa in one day at the Azeri Embassy in Doha Qatar.Fly Qatar Airways to Baku from Entabbe via Doha.You're allowed a stopover I don't know how you feel about that.

Baku
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visa

Dear Joan.n

You try to contact the embassy of Azerbaijan in Egypt

Unfortunately many travel companies do not work with African countries in the visa application.

London
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: visa

Actually the closest and more appropriate embassy to apply would be not the AZ embassy in Egypt but in South Africa, that recently opened (around 1 year now).

http://www.azembassy.org.za/ But expect to experience problems with getting visa. They might ask you in the embassy to get hold of the LOI from azeri travel agent, and they indeed are very reluctant to work with African nationals. so it won't be an easy task

6. Re: visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, October 02, 2014