We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa's post eurovision.

Which Baku hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
County Tipperary...
Level Contributor
344 posts
209 reviews
Save Topic
Visa's post eurovision.

after a successful eurovision does anyone know if the Azeri Government are considering relaxing visa restrictions for european passport holders, or at least re-introducing visa's on arrival at GYD?

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa's post eurovision.

How did u enjoy eurovision. It was my first ESC and flew two days from Melbourne Australia to my birth city of Baku, first time back in 32 years. Loved loved loved the city and left my heart there. ESC was phenomenal as we also had press passes. Found it highly beneficial that I could speak Russian but the people were so hospitable and oh so friendly andbtrusting and the food was great as was the fantastic Bulvar. Best city I have evr visited and I have travelled extensively. Sweden next year! Yay!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
20 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa's post eurovision.

Just got back from Baku. No visa on arrival in foreseeable future (and even less so after political protests) . The Azeri dictatorship will keep tight control over its borders. Took me 8 weeks to get my visa from Azeri embassy in Washington. I did need a LOI, which my hotels provided readily. Immigration at Baku Airport was fast and efficient. Country is amazing and people so friendly! Pricing for Eurovision out of control. Hotels staring at $600, half day tour to Absheron $120 pp.

County Tipperary...
Level Contributor
344 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa's post eurovision.

I get the feeling from reading all these threads about Visa's that Azerbaijan is not that keen on us EU People visiting altogether. Is there perhaps some future event looming? ...maybe over Karabakh again?

Dubai, Dubai...
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa's post eurovision.

I posted this in other threads as well, hope the admin will not deem my post as spam or in violation of T&C... I can see many are anxious about the visas to Azerbaijan and cannot understand why these visa restrictions when the country is so desperate to develop tourism. The answer is simple. The country is suffering occupation and threat of terrorism. So it has to keep it's borders secured. This is why Azerbaijan wants to resolve the Karabakh issue, to afford border transparency. Until then, it will be a major hindrance for Azerbaijan's tourism. Yet it is NOT impossible to get the visa though and anyone should try. So, nothing impending, I believe with regards to Karabakh, but it is because of occupation that the hassles exist.

London
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa's post eurovision.

Azerbaijan is absolutely not desperate to develop tourism, only naive person can think of that. The other side of the conflict - Armenia, simplified the process and tourists can easily obtain visas either via email or upon arrival at the border points. Neighbouring Georgia that have also experiences territorial conflict literally abolished visas. Visa regime in AZ has nothing to do with tourism. The process is very confusing, every embassy has its own rules, nearly third of the embassies now refer tourists to apply for e-visas that take around 1 month to be obtained in peak seasons. It is clearly not getting easier...

6. Re: Visa's post eurovision.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 pm, March 25, 2015
London
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa's post eurovision.

Previous post has a number of incorrect information with regards to e-visa process in AZ. The processing timeline is no way fixed: in off-season times Ministry of Foreign Affairs process documents and issues visas within 1 week, in peak seasons (from late February to August) expect to have 3-4 weeks before your visa is issued.

Also the e-visa duration is in no way issued for the length that you indicate in your application. It can't be generally be more than 3 weeks (unless it is supported by hotel confirmation), also hotel booking confirmations are required at least for half of the stay you apply for.

It is advised to apply for e-visa at least 1 month (better even 6 weeks) before your intended travel date. For up to date information do consult the reliable agencies, that can at least guide you in the right direction. www.Stantours.com, www.Azerbaijan24.com are mostly reliable

8. Re: Visa's post eurovision.

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

9. Re: Visa's post eurovision.

10. Re: Visa's post eurovision.

Removed on: 8:05 am, March 11, 2014