We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cab fares in Baku

Which Baku hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
DC
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Cab fares in Baku

Hi all,

I'm traveling to Baku with a group of graduate students at the beginning of next month. I was wondering:

1) What is the cab fare from the airport to the city centre?

2) How much does it cost generally to take a trip via cab in the city? Are there any costs associated with corruption?

Thanks!

Baku, Azerbaijan
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cab fares in Baku

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about your boss' phone- usually Baku taxi drivers are very honest and they bring back any lost items to the owner (happened to me and my friends a few times). If it was a London taxi you could call *9000 and check with them (give them the details of the trip), however if it was an unregistered taxi, I'm afraid the phone might be lost. Good luck!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cab fares in Baku

Thanks, nice comment

Baku
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Cab fares in Baku

Dear Kristina

In normal 15-20 AZN (1AZN =1,05 Euro) cab fare from the airport to the city centre. 'London' cab. is the best choise if you with a big group (5 pax in 1 taxi), . any you may call 189 from any phone and ask taxi to the city is cheapest taxi servise

Edited: 8:22 am, October 04, 2013
14. Re: Cab fares in Baku

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:35 pm, February 06, 2017
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
149 posts
1,021 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Cab fares in Baku

How much is the taxi fare from Baku Central Train Station to the Old Town (Altstadt)?

I L
Baku, Azerbaijan
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Cab fares in Baku

To avoid such a negative experience, call the taxi service 189, they have a normal rates and service too. From airport to city center will costs you about 17 AZN , maybe 20 AZN in nighttime. But I am not sure if they speak English, you better to ask someone to order taxi for you.

Baku, Azerbaijan
3 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Cab fares in Baku

Recently new service has been launched - TaxiTap. You can use application and hail a taxi using your smartphone. The app has English language interface. Price is cheaper than regular taxi service provider. You can download from www.taxitap.az/ios or www.taxitap.az/android

Edited: 12:41 pm, November 28, 2014
18. Re: Cab fares in Baku

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:54 am, December 08, 2014
19. Re: Cab fares in Baku

Removed on: 2:35 pm, February 06, 2017
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
149 posts
1,021 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Cab fares in Baku

I only used azrentcar24@gmail.com for all my transport needs from airport pick-up and drop-off, to full day trips to the mountainous areas of Xinaliq, Lahic and Sheki; also to Gobustan and the mud volcanoes. This company offers highly professional service and excellent value for money.

Thanks a lot to Mr. Suleiman and his staff for making my trip to Azerbaijan hassle-free. Will definitely book your services again on my next trip to Baku.