We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget accommodation in Baku for 5 guys.

Italy
2 posts
Save Topic
Budget accommodation in Baku for 5 guys.

Hey! Five guys want to visit Azerbaijan in summer.

We plan to spend 3-4 nights in the capital. Can you advice us the cheapest accommodation in the city centre not much than 50$ per night for all of us? Then we will go round Azerbaijan regions: Sheki, Guba, Khanalig etc.By the way, had somebody heard about Nabran? We’ve found out that it is somewhere on the border with Russia and there are several good youth camps on Caspian Seaside. How can we reach there and how much we should spend. Is the level of pollution in Caspian Sea is too high, may we swim?

Russia
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget accommodation in Baku for 5 guys.

There will be 5 guys and you do not want to spend much than 50$ ))) Wow…I think, even if you’ll be lucky to find any cheap hotel, you will pay not less than 100$ per night for all of you. It pays to rent daily apartment. For info – two rooms apartment in the city centre with good renovation and utilities is about 40-45$ per night/not per person, so you can club together. You can apply to Travelazerbaijan.land.ru (which services I’d used and was very satisfied), Bakurealestate.net agencies or to any other approved agency. What about Nabran. It will be a little difficult. It is a district between a big beautiful forest with rich flora and fauna and Caspian Seaside. In summer there's not room to swing a cat. Last summer I have been in 'Sport Land' camp. I paid 25$ per night/per person for tent and three meals a day. There was a football field, a disco-bar, a cafe, a canteen, a shower cubicles with cold/hot water round the clock. Other variants:You can rent a house, but by exorbitant price or to rent a room in a house of the local inhabitants. It will cost you about 15$ per night/not per person, but without feed. If you have your own tents, you can make a camp everywhere in the forest, just find good clearing. You can reach Nabran by marshrutka, which goes from Avtovokzal every day. Price is 5$ per person.The road will take you 3 hours. Despite the fact that the sea was a little polluted, the weather was so hot, so I could not resist the temptations and had swum and as you see - I’m still alive ))).

Azerbaijan
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget accommodation in Baku for 5 guys.

hello, have you been in Azerbaijan on summer, and if yes, I wanna know about Sheki, where did you stay?

you can send reply to my msn sammantas@hotmail.com

3. Re: Budget accommodation in Baku for 5 guys.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, October 19, 2008
4. Re: Budget accommodation in Baku for 5 guys.

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 12, 2008
Baku
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget accommodation in Baku for 5 guys.

There is a youth hostel called the 1000 Camels in the Old City (Icheri Sheher). It just opened last year. Even there I think beds are $20/night. Might be wrong, though. You can probably find it on line. There are also a couple of people here who participate in "www.couchsurfing.com" If you don't know of it, you should learn. It's basically a group of people who let you stay with them for free.

I have been to Nabran, and it is not worth your time. Most locals love it because it's where the "forest meets the sea" - but what they don't mention is that in between the forst and sea there are two tons of garbage. There is also a big "disco" scene, but it's pretty bad by European or American standards. Probably 50-1 ration men to women, and 90% of the women in the clubs are pros. I would also not recommend swimming there. (Conversely, Sheki, Guba and Khinaliq are all nice. I would also recommend Laza at the foot of Mt. Shahdag.)

Note: Baku is an expensive city - not just by standards in the region, but by international standards. If your budgets are tight, don't expect a cheap vacation. (For example beers in a bar are generally between 4 and 5 USD, and a cup of coffee - if you can find one, is about the same).

Espagne
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Budget accommodation in Baku for 5 guys.

Taking into account, that there are lot of people, it is better to rent daily apartment through www.bakurealestate.net or www.travelazerbaijan.land.ru or any other agency, it will cost you maximum 50 manats per night, cos for daily apartment you will pay per night, not per person. But at hostel you will have to pay per person, so for 5 persons it will be about 150 manats per night. Moreover, for hostel you will have to make reservation, paying 30% of total amount i advance before arriving to Baku. I do not advice to pay money in advance, not seeing for what you pay, moreover there are a lot of negative tourists´ tips about 1000 camels hostel...

7. Re: Budget accommodation in Baku for 5 guys.

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, September 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Baku