We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No visa needed if traveling with a AZ citizen??

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
102 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
No visa needed if traveling with a AZ citizen??

My friend living in AZ ( on a work visa) is claiming that if we enter together through Georgia I do not require a visa?? I'm Canadian and just in transit for 2 days, only staying in Georgia for 2 days as well. Has anyone else heard of this? Otherwise what is the quickest way to get a visa, I only have 2 weeks?? Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
304 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No visa needed if traveling with a AZ citizen??

I find that very hard to believe given how strict they seem to be on their entry controls.

Everybody seems to rate the Azerbaijan24 site. I've just had a quick look at it and they do urgent requests, but didn't look into it in any detail. I'd get on it straight away if I were you. Two weeks isn't a long time and the e-visa seems the best option (unless you live near a consulate).

Good luck!

London
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: No visa needed if traveling with a AZ citizen??

If you are a foreign national you do need to get a personal AZ visa notwithstanding who you travel with. 2 weeks is quite a limited time, if you apply for e-visa it might be just enough time to get it on time. As far as I know there is no express-service for e-visa. Otherwise you can get visa in AZ embassy in your country (processing timeline in embassies takes no more than 3-5 days usually), so applying through Toronto might be a sensible option. Azerbaijan24 issues LOI within 24 hours so that might be handy.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: No visa needed if traveling with a AZ citizen??

You will need a visa. The AZ embassy in Ottawa responded to emailed questions quickly and once we had our documents in order, they issued the visa in 5 business days.

4. Re: No visa needed if traveling with a AZ citizen??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:28 am, March 08, 2015