We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xinaliq, Lahic and Sheki Worth Visitng in Autumn?

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
149 posts
1,018 reviews
Save Topic
Xinaliq, Lahic and Sheki Worth Visitng in Autumn?

I am planning a trip to Azerbaijan in October 2014 and I wonder how the weather is like in the highlands.

Most travelers recommend trips to Xinaliq, Lahic and Sheki during summer. Is Autumn a good time to visit these places?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xinaliq, Lahic and Sheki Worth Visitng in Autumn?

We were in the area in the first week of October, 2012 and it was sunny and quite warm other than one rainy morning in Sheki.

By the way, I saw your other post re: crossing the border at Lagodekhi. That's exactly what we did but we had private transport arranged. From Sheki it's less than 2 hours to the border and the crossing formalities were very fast. If you plan on using public transport I know for sure there's onward transport available after you cross the bridge into Georgia.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
149 posts
1,018 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xinaliq, Lahic and Sheki Worth Visitng in Autumn?

@beentheredonethat53

Thanks for your reply. I can now now include Xinaliq, Lahic and Sheki (and of course, Baku) in my itinerary. Is there other "must see" places in Azerbaijan? As a solo traveler, I intend to use public transport whenever available since the private transport option will end up more costly. From what I have researched, Xinaliq, Lahic and Sheki can be reached from Baku, did you manage to visit all these three places from Baku in one trip or does it require two separate trips from Baku?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xinaliq, Lahic and Sheki Worth Visitng in Autumn?

Our trip was a little different because we had a car and driver. After 3 days in Baku and area we left early in the morning for Shemakha to see the tombs I mentioned previously. From there we continued on to Ismailly where we dropped our bags off at our hotel and continued on to Lahic (we didn't go to Xinaliq). After seeing the village (we were the only tourists there), we returned to our hotel back in Ismailly. The next morning we drove to Sheki (2-3 hours) but proceeded on to Kish village first before returning to Sheki where we spent the night. The following day we continued on to the Georgia border (1-2 hours).

I think Lahic is too far to visit as a day trip from Baku. You would have to spend the night in Ismailly or at least somewhere in that area. I think the only way to visit Kinaliq is via Quba which is in another direction and would require spending the night in Quba.

4. Re: Xinaliq, Lahic and Sheki Worth Visitng in Autumn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 20, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Azerbaijan