We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

E-Visa success!

Adria, Italy
Level Contributor
191 posts
339 reviews
Save Topic
E-Visa success!

Hi everyone,

well, there are several horror stories on this site about visa applications, so I thought I should post about a positive experience, in the hope that it may help other travellers.

I'm a UK citizen, and will be visiting Azerbaijan with my 14-year-old son this June.

I was advised by other TA members to use Azerbaijan24 for the visa applications. Now I know TA rules about not advertising, so let me add straight away that Azerbaijan24 are not cheap, it's easy to find other agencies offering lower prices. However, though I am a budget traveller at heart, I thought it best to pay a little more to an agency which has an excellent reputation on this site.

Azerbaijan24 were superb. They answered numerous mails from me asking for different visa info., over a number of months, all within 24 hours (before I had paid any money).

When I did eventually submit the relevant documents and payment, they sent everything immediately to the Azerbaijani MFA and my son's e-visa was issued after eight days (eight actual days, not eight working days). My e-visa arrived the following day.

The whole experience was painless, and I would definitely, certainly recommend Azerbaijan24.

BTW, the current e-visa rule seems to be that they give you a visa for your chosen length of stay (seven days in our case) but they are flexible about period of use (a month, mid-June to mid-July in our case), so there is some flexibility if flights etc. are changed. Also, although we are travelling in June, they issued our e-visas now in February.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
149 posts
1,022 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: E-Visa success!

Hi, FTMDave,

I am glad to read your positive feedback regarding e-VISA to Azerbaijan. I am from the Philippines and I intend to visit Azerbaijan, Georgia and Armenia in time for the Eid Al-Adha holiday in October 2014. There seems to be some major changes with regards to visa issuance since all the horror stories posted earlier in this forum are completely different from your experience.

I am curious to know whether you have already finalized your trip itinerary (the places you intend to visit), purchased your return airtickets, and booked all your hotel accommodation for the entire duration of your trip.

Originally, my plan was to apply for the tourist visa from the embassy in Riyadh which is one and a half hours flight from Jeddah but it seems I still need the support of a local Azeri tour company for the issuance of a Letter of Invitation (LOI). It this can be done through a tour company like Azerbaijan24 I think that is really the way go.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Frank

Adria, Italy
Level Contributor
191 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: E-Visa success!

Hi Frank,

sorry for the delay in replying, I'm just catching up with TA now.

Yes, I have finalised all my plans (hotel accommodation, itinerary, and tickets (sort of)). My trip is a little different from yours as I'll be travelling with my son, so it's less adventurous and based around travelling from capital to capital by night train over the Caucuses, but then taking day trips from the capitals.

Azerbaijan 24 were very good at advising me and suggesting how to get round visa restrictions (such as the need to have confirmed hotel bookings for your entire stay, as we discussed earlier).

3. Re: E-Visa success!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, February 28, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Azerbaijan