We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just received my visa for a Canadian passport

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
141 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Just received my visa for a Canadian passport

Having read many posts on the requirements necessary to obtain an Azeri visa I entered into the process with some trepidation. At first I was going to employ the services of a visa handling company in Canada, but each company gave contridictory information as to what I needed for a single entry tourist visa and the price ranged from $186 CAD to over $400 CAD for their handling in obtaining my tourist visa. I thought I was going to be wading through a sea of red tape in following their vague guidelines by obtaining letters of invitation, letters of intent, invitation from Azeri travel agency, the list seemed to go on and on. I finally called the Azeri Embassy in Ottawa and spoke with a diplomat in the consular section who was very polite and outlined what I needed as a Canadian tourist: passport, two photos, $20USD money order, copy of hotel confirmation from the hotel in Azerbaijan and a self addressed stamped envelope in order to return my passport. I completed this easy checklist. I mailed off this package overnight delivery and within 8 days (including a weekend) I had my passport back in my hands with my Azeri visa. So just to balance out the comments and stories....my situation worked out very well as a Canadian. Hope this helps anyone wishing to travel to Azerbaijan.

Dubai, Dubai...
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Just received my visa for a Canadian passport

Thanks! I think the country is desperate to develop tourism but is unable to do so effectively due tot he occupation and threat of terrorism. So it has to keep it's borders secured. This is why Azerbaijan wants to resolve the Karabakh issue, to afford border transparency. Until then, it will be a major hindrance for Azerbaijan's tourism

2. Re: Just received my visa for a Canadian passport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 04, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Azerbaijan