We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lake Sevan cabins

Which Yerevan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
100 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
lake Sevan cabins

Hi does anyone have prices and contact info for a cabin on lake Sevan? I don't want to stay in the big hotels. I would like to spend a couple of nights there I think, is that too long? Should I rent a car to get there or is there a bus? Thanks

Yerevan, Armenia
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: lake Sevan cabins

There are many cabins or 'domiks' as we call them in Armenia around lake Sevan. The prices start from 8000AMD per day. I myself spent two nights in Arveshat Beach which had cabins but with very basic conditions and nothing 'luxurious' at all. The food was great here but beach was very small although there were not many people there. Second part of my stay I spent in Sevan 'motel.' It was not too far away from Arevshat on the same Tsovagyugh highway .This was a Soviet hotel that became into Sevan motel recently. It still has all the soviet furniture but it's clean and good value for money. The rooms are OK with better conditions than the cabins in Arevshat but the food was very basic. This place had a swimming pool and very nice beaches around. The best part of both places was that they were not crowded. There is another beach called 'Arevik' that is pretty popular among the locals. They say it has nice cabins so you can check that out too.

There is a public transport going to Sevan from Radiomacht in Yerevan (near Northern Bus Station) every day from 9AM to 7PM. But the minibus goes to Sevan peninsula so from there you might need to take a taxi to get to the cabin areas that are really nice. Spending at least 2 days is a must. I'm just back and I had great time :)

Note* Near peninsula there are also cabins but these beaches are overcrowded and too noisy. I don't recommend going there.

If you need any other info just let me know :)

Cheers,

Anahit

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
100 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lake Sevan cabins

Great advice thanks !! When you say 'basic' what does that mean because that is a really great price. Is it clean, comfy bed and ensuite bathroom? Does it view the lake? I'm looking for a little cozy cabin that views the lake. How do I find these places on line so I can book?

Thanks !!!

Yerevan, Armenia
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: lake Sevan cabins

Hey Kelly,

Actually the cabins looked very Soviet. Beds were fine but not too comfy, the rooms were cleaned every day but I didn't like the cleanliness anyway. The bathroom was in the cabin but the water was not warm enough for a shower. The cabins with private bathrooms cost 12.000 AMD. The ones that cost 8000 don't have a private bathroom. The cabin that we had was a little far from the shore but they had another one that was 'almost' in the lake although this one didn't have a separate bathroom. This place was good for its service and food. Personally I didn't like their cabins. If you want better conditions and a much comfortable stay I'd say Sevan Motel was much better for this. The beds were comfy and the room was really clean with a little TV and fridge.The bathroom was soviet but really clean with hot/cold water. The room we had overlooked the lake and had a little balcony(in 10 meters from the lake) where we could sit and enjoy the sunset. If you go there make sure you ask for a room that has a look to the lake.

Here is a link to find info about Arevshat www.armeniainfo.am/lodging/…

The motel doesn't have anything posted online but here is a phone number by which you can make a reservation 094090055. If you take a taxi and tell them the names of the places that'll be enough for them to drive you there.

Another advice that might be useful - take a taxi to Sean and ask them to drive you to the area of nice domiks(cabins) check and find the most suitable for you. This is what I did :)

Edited: 7:51 am, August 11, 2011
Yerevan, Armenia
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: lake Sevan cabins

BTW I forgot to mention the price of the rooms. It was 8000 per night. You could also pay 5000 for 3 meals a day in the cafeteria.

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
100 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lake Sevan cabins

Thank you very much, that is so helpful !!! I was choosing the cabin for the unique experience of it, so I may just rough it for a few nights !!! Awesome advice and much appreciated !!!

Yerevan, Armenia
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: lake Sevan cabins

Sure, always welcome :) That would be nice o hear about your experience after you go there.

Bushehr, Bushehr...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: lake Sevan cabins

hello

would u please tell me from where (Radiomacht) I can take bus to Sevan

Are they going to beach or I should walk or take taxi ?

I want to spend few hours there then going back to Yerevan .

when is the last time I can take a bus back to Yerevan ?

thank u

Yerevan, Armenia
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: lake Sevan cabins

Hi Shaghayegh

The minibuses to Sevan now leave from the Northern Bus Station. If you catch the minibus to Sevan, it will take you to the town of Sevan from where you will need to walk or to take a taxi to the lake (Peninsula of Sevan). Another option would be to catch the minibuses that go to Dilijan or to Ijevan and get off at the lake (near the Peninsula where you can see Sevanavank monastery and it's also close to the shore). The latter also depart from the same bus station. The price is AMD 800.

The last minibus from Sevan (the town) to Yerevan leaves at 5:00pm but you can also catch the Dilijan or Ijevan minibuses returning to Yerevan from the main highway at around 5:00-6:00pm.

Please note that the minibuses are supposed to leave once every hour, however sometimes they wait longer to get filled up.

Enjoy your time in Armenia :)

9. Re: lake Sevan cabins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 pm, May 26, 2013
10. Re: lake Sevan cabins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 27, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Yerevan