We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need for vaccines when visiting Armenia

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
27 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
need for vaccines when visiting Armenia

Hello! I've booked a 10 day trip to Armenia and Georgia from mid May and I am just reading the Bradt Guide to Armenia at the moment (edition 3) and it is putting shivers down my neck reading what it says about health and diseases and the need for immunisation. It says "all travellers to Armenia should ensure they are up to date with immunisation against tetanus , polio, and diphtheria , and hepatitis A.....tuberculosis is very common.... " But the really scary bit to me is what it says about the danger of picking up tick-borne encephalitis. Now I may not go walking much in the forested areas where it is supposed to be most prevalent , but hey , it certainly would put me on edge thinking about it.

It did not enter my head that I could need to get injections before visiting Armenia , and if it really is a necessity I may not have enough time left in which to get them. So Im really keen to know is it essential to get these vaccines?

Edited: 8:23 pm, April 27, 2012
Mentioned in this post
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
80 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need for vaccines when visiting Armenia

No at all I live in the United Sates the medicine and country is very western. Do not worry about it. It may be a good idea to take some advil or tylenol, which are basic. But no need for vaccines. Armenian hospitals and pharmacies are actually better then Georgian as well. However, there is no threat you have the same chance of contracting diseases in Paris London or Frankfurt. Also the water is absolutely clean and is even cleaner because it comes fro remote mountain springs

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
London
London
England, UK
Frankfurt
Frankfurt
Hesse, Germany
Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need for vaccines when visiting Armenia

I went to both countries last year and apart from keeping my tetanus up to date it never occurred to me to get any extra vaccines. I wouldnt get over anxious about it. I didnt have any problems at all.

have a great time

angie

www.angietravels.com

tehran
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: need for vaccines when visiting Armenia

Hello dear friend

I am planning to visit Armenia on august 2012.05.06

I would like life experiment in village .

We are family. How secure is Armenia village?

Can you introduce to me good village around Yerevan.

How much would cost in village?

Is there bathroom and private room?

Mentioned in this post
Yerevan
Yerevan
Armenia
Yerevan
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: need for vaccines when visiting Armenia

No, it's not wrigte!!!

Don't warry and enjoy your trip!!!

Bon voyage!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
27 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: need for vaccines when visiting Armenia

Thanks for the replies folks. It certainly eases my mind.

6. Re: need for vaccines when visiting Armenia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, June 18, 2013