We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prices in armenia

2 posts
Save Topic
Prices in armenia

I am from Dubai

I intend to travel to Yerevan soon but I don't know about anything

I've travelled to several countries such as Malaysia Bangkok Tehran Tashkent, Jordan and several States

what level of prices in Yerevan Is it expensive or cheap and what are the nearest Country or similar price to armenia

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Yerevan
Yerevan
Armenia
Tehran
Tehran
Tehran Province, Iran
Jordan
Jordan
Middle East
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Prices in armenia

Where are the experts

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
27 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prices in armenia

Well I'm not an expert (I'm like yourself , someone about to visit Armenia for the first time) but I can share with you what I've read about prices in the Bradt Guide to Armenia (2011 edition). It says "apart from Western style hotels, which charge Western prices...and international phone calls...most things of interest to visitors are cheap." It says that it is difficult to spend more than 5000 AMD on a meal and a snack at a stall in the street will cost 150-1000 AMD. An Armenian coffee costs 200 AMD or thereabouts and a half litre of beer costs up to 500 AMD. A litre of water costs 200-300 AMD. Taxi from the airport should be around 5000 AMD (about a 15 minute journey).

The exchange rate at the moment is 519 AMD to the euro and 392 to the US dollar (as posted on xe.com)

Mentioned in this post
tehran
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Prices in armenia

the good price is cheap in yerevan.but be careful driver taxi.

they are hustler and trickster. they took extra fare.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prices in armenia

Hi there I was in Armenia last year and its an amazing country with lots to offer. Most people stay at the Envoy hostel. It has every type of room from completely private to dorms. The best part about staying here was not only the price, but its location near the center of yerevan, the great staff, free breakfast and best of all the daily tours they have to all parts of Armenia which were always with a great guide and included lunch in an authentic village home.They are reasonably priced and in the summer they have free walking tours around yerevan. Daily expensie like eating out etc in armenia are very reasonable and the foold is excellent. Most people will make a trip to neighbouring Georgia which expense wise is about the same. You can take a shared taxi to Tbilisi from Yerevan bus station and the trip takes about 6 hours. Its definitley worth a few days to go to Georgia and if you have to go back to armenia then the shared taxi is your best option although there are night trains. You cant always get a visa at the border if you go back to armenia with the train which is not a problem when using the shared taxis. One tip is to check out what is on at the opera house in yerevan. You can get very cheap tickets to see really good shows. I couldnt take advantage as my last night was Armenia genocide day and there were no performances.

good luck and have a great trip

angie

www.angietravels.com

Mentioned in this post
Yerevan
Yerevan
Armenia
Georgia
Georgia
Europe
Tbilisi
Tbilisi
Georgia
tehran
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Prices in armenia

Hello dear friend

I am planning to visit Armenia on august 2012.05.06

I would like life experiment in village .

We are family. How secure is Armenia village?

Can you introduce to me good village around Yerevan.

How much would cost in village?

Is there bathroom and private room?

Mentioned in this post
Yerevan
Yerevan
Armenia
Yerevan
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Prices in armenia

If it's a taxi from a service, theer is no problem..

Yerevan
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Prices in armenia

If it's a taxi from a service, there is no problem.

Yerevan
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Prices in armenia

Hi!

You can stay in any village or ville in Armenia, and everywhere its's secure.

If you want to be near Yerevan, so you can stay in Garni or Dsoraget village for 15-20Euro per person.

In the regions also there are B&B , where you can finde a lots aof interesting sites and the hospitality aof famalies...

For more questions or information contact me.

aelitat@yahoo.de

Mentioned in this post
Yerevan
Yerevan
Armenia
9. Re: Prices in armenia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 pm, January 18, 2015
san francisco
Level Contributor
543 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Prices in armenia

From the places you've visited, Armenia's prices are similar to Malaysia or Bangkok. That is, things are very cheap in local markets and grocery stores, but in the more fashionable areas food and drink are priced at levels similar to the US.

Also, Armenia is an extremely safe country. Have a great trip.

Mentioned in this post