We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nha Trang Restaurant Advice?

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Nha Trang Restaurant Advice?

Any tips for a good seafood restaurant or good restaurants in general in nha trnag. we prefer non touristy places.

thanks.

BMT, Central...
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nha Trang Restaurant Advice?

Nha Trang is a famous fishing port and has a variety of excellent restaurants - which you easily find within a short stroll of the market.

Follow the Vietnamese, chose a restaurant with plastic chairs and a barbeque in the centre of the table. When you find one simply point to he dish you favour, then sit back and wait. Seafood will appear in seconds, and you can grill your favourite selection of squid, tuna, snapper, prawns, lobster, and the best crab - right at your table.

If you want to actually communicate with the restaurant you could do worse than on the beaches by Rainbow Divers.

If you’d like to eat with Nha Trang’s residents, chose a restaurant with plastic chairs and a barbeque in the centre of the table. Seafood seconds from its ocean origin will materialise in seconds, and you can grill your favourite selection of squid, tuna, snapper, prawns, lobster, and the best crab in the Northern Hemisphere right at your table.

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam
On the move
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nha Trang Restaurant Advice?

If you get tired of eating like a native and want some good California style food, I'd recommend The Sailing Club: pleasant decor, comfortable seats, nice ocean view. I thought the chicken burger, which came with fries and salad, was good value even at $6, and would also recommend the beef salad and the mussels in coconut coriander sauce. I had the beef burger too, but wouldn't again.

Seattle,Washington...
Level Contributor
653 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nha Trang Restaurant Advice?

Next door to the sailing club is the beach side Lousianna Restaurant. Swimming pool is free to use while you are there. My favorite vietnamese restaurant is near the Asia Paradise Hotel. across the street and on the left hand side 1/2 block west. You will see the fresh seafood on ice in front of the restaurant that you can tell them to barbaque for you. Great prices!

Mentioned in this post
Asia Paradise Hotel
Asia Paradise Hotel
155 Reviews
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Long Beach...
Level Contributor
295 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Nha Trang Restaurant Advice?

SDBill,

Seafood is readily available just about every where in Nha Trang. If you want to go where the locals go, try Ninh Hoa Restaurant (on Le Loi street) for grilled meat with vermicelli. This particular restaurant has been at the same location serving the same food for over 30+ years.

Henry

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam
Tarentum...
Destination Expert
for Da Nang, Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park
Level Contributor
3,052 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nha Trang Restaurant Advice?

My fave in NT is Mai Anh Rest. on Tran Quang Khai st. French and Italian, French owner named Oliver, pricey but if you don't like it you don't pay.......

Drifter

6. Re: Nha Trang Restaurant Advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:25 am, August 25, 2009