We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inexpensive hotel off beaten path

Which Nha Trang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Shenzhen, China
Level Contributor
154 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Inexpensive hotel off beaten path

I stayed at the tide hotel last April and fell in love with that area of nha trang. Very disappointed to find that the tide has closed down. I am looking to stay in a similar property in that area, near or off of Pham Van dong. I would like a balcony overlooking the beach. The tide was very very reasonably priced and I am looking for the same. Having trouble finding a compatible alternative. Any suggestions?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,766 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inexpensive hotel off beaten path

There is a new version of that hotel

the new one is called RipTide Homestay Nha Trang

If you do a Google search you will be able to find it

Shenzhen, China
Level Contributor
154 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inexpensive hotel off beaten path

Thanks, I saw it and if cant find anything else similar will probably do Owen's homestay but it just doesn't have the same beach balcony. We found it so relaxing to sit out there and enjoy that amazing ocean view.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Inexpensive hotel off beaten path

I am not sure but I believe the Fairy Bay Hotel about 150 meters further north from the old Tide has balconies. The old Tide now is a short term lease apartment building. Perhaps they'll let you stay for less than a month if they're not busy. And there's the hotel next door to the old Tide, they have balconies as well.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,575 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inexpensive hotel off beaten path

The Fairy Bay is against the sea wall and is currently hosting Russian tour groups and is a bit pricey. The others located next to the Tide might not be run to your espectations... There is 2 small hotels that share 1 building qbout fifty meters south. The rooms are small but decent. Hopefully you can find a room there.

Former Tide owner

Owee58

5. Re: Inexpensive hotel off beaten path

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 05, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Nha Trang