We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a house in Nha Trang

Great Haywood...
Level Contributor
8 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Renting a house in Nha Trang

Hi

My husband and I are looking to rent a 2-3 bedroomed house in Nha Trang for about 3 months in March 2014. Does anyone know if this is possible and of any good websites we could use; also any tips.

Many thanks

L

11. Re: Renting a house in Nha Trang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 am, October 01, 2013
Vung Tau, Vietnam
12 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Renting a house in Nha Trang

Hi Owee & Everybody,

'There are rental places to be found out of the tourist areas for half the cost.' - How much approximately is that for a one bedroom apt, no luxury at all but running hot water (and safety, of course)?

'Check out the areas of Xom Moi, Vinh Phuoc, and Vinh Hai for decent places to live.' - Is there any better way to check out than loitering and looking for posts in the streets ?

Thanks a lot.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Renting a house in Nha Trang

I saw a nice house in Vinh Hòa ward a couple a days ago. Relatively quiet, 3 levels and a sun deck, you can see the beach from the top level. It is a duplex. While it does have a sign outside, I was told of it by the owner with whom I was having coffee. There are quite a number of properties for rent, but you best walk around (with a Vietnamese speaker if you don't speak Vietnamese), because hardly anyone speaks English or any other foreign language here.

Edited: 5:23 am, December 07, 2013
vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,175 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Renting a house in Nha Trang

I would post again closer to the time. Things are changing pretty fast here and who knows what options you will have by then. Have a look at google maps etc and see if you can decide on what area you would like to stay in. To rent a house for 3 mths won't be easy but not impossible. Apt will be much easier and a wider choice with modern equipment.

If you haven't sorted out anything by the time you get here drop into one of the many ex-pat bar / restaurants and they will tell you what's available and who to talk to.

Great Haywood...
Level Contributor
8 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Renting a house in Nha Trang

Thank you so much for all your replies. I have made a note of the areas and I think it is probably best to wait until we arrive and as you suggest Jim take someone with us who speaks Vietnamese.

Man thanks.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Renting a house in Nha Trang

Linda P, send that someone in alone after explaining what you want. The second the owner sees you (unless you look very Vietnamese), the rate doubles.

Great Haywood...
Level Contributor
8 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Renting a house in Nha Trang

Thanks Jim, that's really good advice I will make sure that happens. Thanks for your time. :-)

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Renting a house in Nha Trang

jim..... im in Vinh Diem trung in an aprt but want a hosue but at a decent price..... u got any details on these homes.... cheers matey

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Renting a house in Nha Trang

Sorry, I have no details other than Vietnamese people constantly asking if I know someone looking to rent a house. I try to stay out of all these deals. A really nice 225 sq m house 100 m from the beach is available at about 450, but only long term. It is not near the tourist area.

Planet Earth
14 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Renting a house in Nha Trang

I'm looking for a single bedroom apartment no furniture just toilet and running water, how cheap could I get one for? I'm not looking for anything fancy at all, just a roof over my head to sleep. Also would it be safe to sleep on the beach at night? Weather wise it should be good right?

Get answers to your questions about Nha Trang