We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I go to Nha Trang or Not? Which beaches have best water?

Brooklyn,
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Do I go to Nha Trang or Not? Which beaches have best water?

Where do I go? We want to spend a few days on gorgorus beaches, are there really beautiful white sanded clear water beached in Vietnam? help!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Do I go to Nha Trang or Not? Which beaches have best water?

I am not interested in the beaches (I am from Sri Lanka !) is it worth a visit only to see 'Po Nagar Towers' ?

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,577 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Do I go to Nha Trang or Not? Which beaches have best water?

" Unfortunately, the province of Khánh Hòa is doing nothing to make Nha Trang a prime beach destination. The Cai river dumps its garbage into the bay. The main beach, while quite beautiful, is dangerous in winter and the water quite unclean all year round."

Wow... very negative Jim. Actually there are big plans that have been put into effect to make Nha Trang even more the beach destination, though safety will probably remain a non issue for a long time with the Vietnamese. It is true that the Cai river flows southward along the main tourist beach. It also has a quick drop off that makes it dangerous. (that is why I promote north of the river for water fun. Calmer and cleaner waters). Sorry Rosie if this thread is not so rosie

Owee58

13. Re: Do I go to Nha Trang or Not? Which beaches have best water?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 18, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Nha Trang