We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Recommendation for Nha Trang Camera Shop

Which Nha Trang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3,576 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Need Recommendation for Nha Trang Camera Shop

Any updates to this post:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293921-i8432-k440…

Currently in My Tho and will be up in Nha Trang on Thursday. One of my camera batteries failed and I need another. Any recommendations for a shop that might sell Olympus digital camera batteries? Specifically, I'm looking for a battery for a Olympus OM-D, EM-5. The battery model is BLN-1(7.6V, 1220 mAh) but I'll take an equivalent if it works in the camera. The amperage isn't important but the voltage must be 7.6V. I'm not sure if Olympus uses a chip in their batteries to prevent end-users from using decent third-party equivalents. Decent equivalents in Nha Trang might be the operational words.

Other than that, I'll seek out the options mentioned in the above post. Much thanks in advance.

Richard

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
90 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Recommendation for Nha Trang Camera Shop

There are many electronics shops particularly along Nguyen thien thuat street that sell electronic gear. I was able to get a replacement charger and cord for my iphone. It is located nea the main area. Just go up tran quang kai street or up Biet tu street.

Edited: 12:57 pm, February 09, 2013
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,575 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Recommendation for Nha Trang Camera Shop

That is the main tourist area and Richard is already familliar with it. There is a camera shop on Nguyen Chanh just off of Hoang Hoa Tham that has a lot of hardware.

Owee58.banned

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3,576 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Recommendation for Nha Trang Camera Shop

Owee,

Right you are. I'll walk the streets and search out these shops. I'll be around for several weeks, so perhaps I can report back to the forum with a list of shops, their addresses and what principally they stock or can get on short order. Didn't expect a spare battery to fail so soon. Regards,

Richard

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
5,714 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Recommendation for Nha Trang Camera Shop

Richard,

There are a few new camera shops in and around the tourist area now, seems to be the " in thing " at the moment. Across the road from the watering hole , 72 Nguyen Thien That street there is a big one in the foyer of a hotel. Next door to Jungle travel there is another smaller one. Don't think you will have a problem finding what you want.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3,576 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Recommendation for Nha Trang Camera Shop

Thanks all for your responses. Look forward to seeing you again for our next stay of a couple months.

Richard

Nha Trang, Khanh...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Recommendation for Nha Trang Camera Shop

Just wanted to chime in here,

Hung Hara, the camera shop attached to Dong Phuong Hotel on Nguyen Thien Thuat, is the worst camera store I've every been to.

I purchased a camera that was supposed to be refurbished by canon.

Well, after a few days the camera was clearly not refurbished by canon, but by the shop owners friend.

When the camera had problems I brought it back and was told it could be fixed overnight.

Two days later I got the camera back, but it had problems still.

Every camera in the store is second hand, whether they sell it as new or 'like new'.

Avoid this store at all costs.

7. Re: Need Recommendation for Nha Trang Camera Shop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 am, September 16, 2013
Nha Trang, Khanh...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Need Recommendation for Nha Trang Camera Shop

Just as an update to post 6,

I attempted to get the camera serviced at an official camera repair center in Seoul, South Korea.

The Canon engineer told me that the camera appeared to have been full of water at some point and there had been unprofessional and strange looking attempts to repair the damage.

He gave me an invoice for more than 300$ to repair the lens, and more to repair everything else.

He also suggested that I just buy a new camera.

So: to reiterate, avoid Hung Hara, attached to Dong Phung hotel AT ALL COST.

Cheers, Mike

Nha Trang, Vietnam
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Need Recommendation for Nha Trang Camera Shop

Hello Mike.

This is Hung Hara Staff. I see your comment on this page. I was supprite that you are complain about the camera you bought from us.

At first: the camera your bought is seconhand camera( at your choose)

2nd: we told you that ìf you use it for underwater you should put some of small dry bag inside the housing.

3rd: at the time you handle it to us for waranty fix it not in original decal same at the time you bought it.

I think that you was try to fix it your selve.

we are doing this bisinees for many years so ofcouse we dont want to selling the bad quality of anything to our cústommer.

cheers

10. Re: Need Recommendation for Nha Trang Camera Shop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 27, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Nha Trang