We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Asia Smile Travel Nha Trang - NIGHTMARE BUS!!!

Which Nha Trang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Asia Smile Travel Nha Trang - NIGHTMARE BUS!!!

I booked an overnight bus from Nha Trang to Hoi An with Asia Smile Travel company. It broke down at 1am in the morning, over the next 9 hours we were provided no information except it would take 2 hours to fix - 9 hours later we were still waiting. We had no access to water or food. We had to sit on the side of the road as the bus became too hot because the airconditioning was not able to be used.

My brother was ill and was not able to take medication due to the lack of food and water.

At 9.45am we were over the lack of communication and after several attempts at waving passing vehicles down another tour bus company stopped, they charged us $15US each but at least were on the road again. Some of the other passengers were picked up by private cars and I don't know how they got on. We were taken to within 14km of Hoi An then dropped on the side of the road. I phoned our wonderful hotel in Nha Trang to help with the language barrier and arrange a taxi to come from Hoi An to pick us up.

We were unsure about getting on the bus in the first place because while we were waiting to board there was a major fuel leak happening, this turned out to be caused by no diesel cap - VERY DANGEROUS!!!

I think it was a sign and we should have pulled out at that stage and asked for a refund.

Anyway I would not travel with this company again and in fact there is only 1 bus company I will ever use and if they are not available I will take the train or fly.

51. Re: Asia Smile Travel Nha Trang - NIGHTMARE BUS!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 am, February 02, 2014
52. Re: Asia Smile Travel Nha Trang - NIGHTMARE BUS!!!

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 pm, March 26, 2014
Brisbane QLD
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: Asia Smile Travel Nha Trang - NIGHTMARE BUS!!!

When you travel by bus in Asia you pack a sense of adventure, some good humour ,. a bit of patience then sit back and make the most of it.Think of the tales you will tell when you return to your humdrum normal western life.

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: Asia Smile Travel Nha Trang - NIGHTMARE BUS!!!

I realise this is an old thread but just wanted to give an up to date review....

The positives were that we did successfully get from Nha Trang to Hoi An as promised. The wifi that was advertised worked and worked well and the trip did take only 12hours 45 minutes (it advertised 12hours so not too bad)

The negatives...the guys working for the company were short tempered, rude and tried to blame a customer for breaking a seat that was clearly already broken.

The bus was dirty and many of the seats ripped or broken.

In the 12hours 45 minutes we didn't stop once, which even though it's a sleeper bus it's nice to at least have the opportunity to walk around, get fresh air etc.

The on board toilet was grim...the smell was disgusting and I personally waited the 12 hours 45 minutes to use a toilet that was a little cleaner. Maybe for men it would be doable but for me it was just too gross to contemplate touching anything in there.

We picked up several locals on the way who proceeded to lie in the aisles and sleep there, so if you are unfortunate enough to end up on this bus then the upper beds would be better!

All in all we got to where we wanted to go, on time and in one piece. We can laugh about it now but if you have the choice there are much better, cleaner buses available!!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
156 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: Asia Smile Travel Nha Trang - NIGHTMARE BUS!!!

Owh yes, like lesleybrisbaneqld said <<When you travel by bus in Asia you pack a sense of adventure>>, that is correct.

In this case, I am Asian so i do not mind travel with Tam Hanh (as suggested by a hotel in Saigon, take the ride from Nha Trang to Saigon) but yes the space is too small but it is enough for asian size, no toilet but the bus stop for toilet breaks somewhere i do not notice as i choose staying in the bus and continue sleeping, however the WIFI connection runs great, the bag is put in the compartment under the bus so it is safe eventhough there is no luggage tag that makes me worried along the night, yeah there is a plus and a minus.

Well, next time will try Sinh Travel and avoid Asia Smile Travel for sure, thanks so much for the sharing.

Lausanne...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: Asia Smile Travel Nha Trang - NIGHTMARE BUS!!!

I also had a very bad experience with Asia Smile Travel! I booked my ticket from Nha Trang to Ho Chi Minh while I was in the Asia Smile travel agency in Hoi An. I paid 10$ and they told me I can choose between the morning and the night bus by calling a number 1 day before to book my seat on the bus.

While I was in Nha Trang, I asked the receptionist of my hotel to call that number and reserve a seat for me for the next night bus. Turned out that it was full already so I had to go to the Asia Smile travel agency in Nha Trang and negotiate with them. Surprisingly, the guy there told me that they have only morning buses to Ho Chi Ming and that it was already full for the next day. But I had a plane to catch after my planned night bus..

The guy from the agency called somewhere and told me that he found a solution for me and can book a seat for me for next night on another bus, but I need to pay 5$ additional. Well I had no choice as I had a plane to catch. 5$ is nothing, but it is just the principle that they tell you in one agency that you can buy the ticket and confirm the date later without problems and at the end I have problems and need to pay more.

Moreover, my replacement bus to Ho Chi Minh was without wifi connection, without toilet, without any stop for 11 hours to go to the toilet and during the night my iPod Nano was stolen...

Asia Smile took my smile away from my last bus trip in Vietnam..

Moscow, Russia
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
57. Re: Asia Smile Travel Nha Trang - NIGHTMARE BUS!!!

Do not travel with this company, full stop. Forget the liberal cultural relativism. The drivers/staff/crew are despised as some of the worst scum in Nha Trang - and that is saying something.

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,739 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
58. Re: Asia Smile Travel Nha Trang - NIGHTMARE BUS!!!

Do not use night buses.

NEVER use night buses.

Vietnam buses are ok for daily 6+ hours with few stops, and you are awake so less chance of theft (using the best around like Sinh...).

For longer trip fly or take the train.

59. Re: Asia Smile Travel Nha Trang - NIGHTMARE BUS!!!

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 29, 2015