We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agoda

LANCS
Level Contributor
217 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Agoda

Has any one used the Agoda Website to book a Hotel,

If so, how safe is it ? Do you have any comeback if things should go wrong

It looks like the only way we will get the holiday we want

Thanks all

Charlie

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,427 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Agoda

Try using the search box............. subject was only brought up about a month ago......many replies

vietnam
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Agoda

Have used Agoda a few times. They are reliable.It sometimes has good deals but they have a little trick.The room rate they advertise doesn't include tax. Once you're hooked this gets added onto your credit card! Think2travel is more transparent and usually cheaper.

Miranda, Sydney
Level Contributor
3,346 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Agoda

Rubbish! Agoda does not take your credit card details until you know what the total cost is - you then have the option to book.

Even hoteltravel.com is now showing the prices before tax (something they never used to do) so it seems to be filtering through a bit.

There are many wholesalers to use - if you have a hotel in mind, then google it, and it should list all the wholesalers who you can book with.

Level Contributor
253 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Agoda

Used Agoda for hotels last year and this year. Have had no problems with them.

Just returned to Glasgow from Nha Trang last week after a wonderful month's stay.

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,763 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Agoda

----------------

There are many wholesalers to use - if you have a hotel in mind, then google it, and it should list all the wholesalers who you can book with.

-----------------

Correct, they pay Google to be first, so finding the real web site of the hotel is getting more and more difficult...

Why pay a middleman when you can go to the source?

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
108 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Agoda

I've just booked using them (twice), so I really hope it works out. It was one of the easiest sites to use when booking too. I liked using it.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,427 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Agoda

Maurizio04

Milan, Italy

-----finding the real web site of the hotel is getting more and more difficult...

Why pay a middleman when you can go to the source?

------------------------------

In Vietnam, a fair number of hotels just have the hotel name then .com.vn on the end.

You might well ask why pay a middleman but companies like Agoda will buy blocks of rooms at heavily discounted rates. Rates that a hotel might or might not give to a solo booking. After all the hotel wants the room occupied. Empty rooms don't make money. I've had some cracking deals from such booking agents. Deals that are hard to match even going direct.

Yes, you might save sometimes but if you haven't got the time or just can't be bothered with the hassle I don't think they do a bad deal.... when the price is right.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,577 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Agoda

Just checked Agoda out. It looks pretty good for some of the higher end hotels, but your choice seems rather limited. If you are looking for budget accomodations, TA is probably a better source of information.

Owee

www.owee58.com

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,763 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Agoda

Bertie, i was just writing what Owen did...

When you are dealing with prices around 20$ no space for a middleman, and maybe not even a web site.

Discounted rooms are very frequent with expensive places, but who cares?

It also depend a lot of duration of stay.

In Thailand people stay usually one week, here the average seems very short 2/3 days, so they have to book many different places...

But they are still looking on forums for cheaper places, for 2 days they will save a Starbuks Cappuccino, nice job!

In Thailand when you go under 20$ you get a bungalow with asbestos roof and floors, and i saw young backpacker staying in such places for 1 month. Cancer for sure in 15 years...

In Vietnam bungalows are rare for what I have looked so far.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,427 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Agoda

I'd agree with you Maurizio04 about the middlemans cost but today on Agoda they have a room for 2 in Bangkok for $15 USD. Yes, it might be the worse place on earth but at that price.....

In Vietnam, cheap bungalows are rare. At least, i haven't come across any. They tend to cost an arm and a leg and more. I think the reason for the shorter stays is primarily the fact that Vietnam's tourist industry is still playing catchup compared to places like Thailand. Not enough to keep you in one place for long. Strange to say I rather like it as it is. It's sort of living in a bygone era. Alas, the outside world is banging on the door. Change is a coming.

Get answers to your questions about Nha Trang