We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachfront bungalows

Gauteng
Level Contributor
117 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Beachfront bungalows

We are going to Nha Trang in June 2006 with 2 small kids. Can anybody suggest affordable beachfront accommodation?

Johanesburg
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beachfront bungalows

Hi there Cecilia2

It fabulous to see somone else from Johannesburg wanting to travel to Vietnam. I'm doing research on travel @ the moment. We are doing the whole nine yards ... Burma, Cambodia and Vietnam in January 2007 (I prefer the cooler season)

We should stay in touch and help each other through our trips?

Michelle

Durham, England
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beachfront bungalows

Hi Cecilia,

I am currently in Nha Trang on holiday, staying at the Ana Mandara.

The Ana Mandara is supposed to be 5* but, although it is nice and the staff are attentive, it is beginning to look a little dated now. That said, having walked around the rest of the town, I would pay the extra that the Ana Mandara costs to have somewhere comfortable to return to.

Alison

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
295 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Beachfront bungalows

Cecilia,

There is beach-front bungalows (complex) outside of Nha Trang; between Doc Let & Dong Hai (about 40 km north of Nha Trang). The place is run by a very agreable French man, named Monsieur Chere. The bungalow is priced between 14 - 16 USD, which includes 3 meals a day. Look up this website if you interested.

http://www.vngold.com/doclet/paradise/

Henry

new york
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beachfront bungalows

Hello Henry,

That sounds good, especially the beach front ones. I have a question, well, two actually. Is it swim-able in Dec-Jan time? And I know how far is 40km, but how far is it really considering the road condition, traffic...? Can we stay there, ride motorbike in the morning to Nha Trang, and back to sleep there at night? Thanks.

Far-away

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
295 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Beachfront bungalows

Far-Far-Man,

Dec/Jan is still steamy in Nha Trang during the day. The water will be in 70+ degrees; it's warmer than the Jersey Shore water in the summer. It's definitely swim-able.

It will take roughly about an hour to cab to Doc Let, or 1 hr 15 min by local mini-bus. With motorbike, it should be around the same time. During the War, my dad stationed in Lam Son (army base) which is about 33 km northwest of Nha Trang, and it used to take him 45 min on his bike to come to town; keep in mind he was somewhat of a daredevil back then.

Henry

Potomac
Level Contributor
14 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beachfront bungalows

Doc Let is quite far from Nha Trang center. I prefer to stay at Saigon Yasaka hotel. There are several more beach front hotels in Nha trang.

The main reason is there are a lot of Seafood restaurants around and I could walk to local market and do some shopping in town without renting a taxi .