We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from airport.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
155 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Transport from airport.

I would like to know of the various transport options from Cam Ranh airport in to the city and the costs.

natti223
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from airport.

u can go

- by bus (it takes u to 86 Tran Phu street, Nha Trang), it costs about $2.

- by taxi (with other pax), can take u to the hotel, it costs about $4. Or private taxi ($10).

- Or if u stay at one of those hotels, there are their buses at the airport: Vinpearl, Ana Mandara. Sun rise, Yasaka (i'm not sure about these 2 hotels) (no free).

welcome to Nha Trang. :)

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
155 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from airport.

Natti223,

Thankyou for that information.I am sure others will also benefit from your reply.

Arizona
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from airport.

Natti223,

I'll stay at Vinpearl for 3 nights in June and they charges 7.5 USD per PAX for shuttle bus.

natti223
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport from airport.

as i said, buses at the hotels/resorts are not free. i only dont know how much it cost, but it's more convenient coz it picks u up at the hotel when u wanna go to the airport if u dont know where to buy other bus tickets.

UK
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport from airport.

Just to add to this... Apparently the Ana Mandara charges USD 12 per person(!) for their shuttle bus from the airport...

OK so we DID choose to splash out on the Ana Mandara but USD 48 one-way for the 4 of us? I don't think so ;-)

Can anyone comment on best way to get a taxi from the airport ie. is there a central booking desk or does one just head outside and hope for the best? Any way of identifying "official" taxis or hints to avoid scams?

Am I correct in understanding this should cost us about USD 10 total for a private taxi?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Ulladulla, Australia
Level Contributor
184 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport from airport.

Hi tiger,

The taxis you will meet on arrival will be nha trang taxis,who will all use the meter. A metered trip to the city will cost in excess of 300k dong. I dont know if you can negotiate a fare. The best bet is to arrange transfers with your hotel.Same trip costs 200k dong fixed price.

Tasmania
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport from airport.

I caught a taxi from Vinpearl to airport last week and it was about $20. There are taxis everywhere, make sure you ask them to turn their meters on and don't accept a rate they offer.

Cheers Tim

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,645 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport from airport.

We were in Nha Trang last week and had not organised a airport transfer. The taxi driver said that it would cost about450,000 dong but someone had already told me about the little scam they have so when I got to the hotel I asked him to wait and then one of the staff members came out and took his details and rang the company and complained. We got it for just under 200,000 dong. This taxi even had his meter on bu apparently they are rigging them to speed up the ticks.

I did notice a service desk for organising taxis etc but probably best to organised before. On the trip back it cost 195,000.

world
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Transport from airport.

A normal taxi ride from the airport to central Nha Trang should cost between 160,000 to 200,000vnd depending on the size and quality of taxi.

There is an option of taking the bus at 50,000vnd per person.

10. Re: Transport from airport.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, September 29, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Nha Trang