We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ana Mandara Resort for a single guy?

New York
6 posts
Save Topic
Ana Mandara Resort for a single guy?

Hi:

I read such mix review about Ana Mandara on trip adviser . I am single male i will be in Nha Trang for 4 nights and wanted to try this resort , can ant one tell if this resort is good for a single guy or it's more of a honeymoon type?

thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam
Seattle,Washington...
Level Contributor
653 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ana Mandara Resort for a single guy?

The resort is very big and it always seems empty even when there is a full house. Its very expensive and the rooms show a lot of wear. The grounds are beautiful and the beach is nice and quiet. Hard to swim here because of the steep drop off and the waves crashing into you make it hard to wade and walk in the water. The service and the staff is 2nd to none. I think you would be more happier at the Asia Paradise Hotel. 2 blocks from the beach and has roof top swimming pool for a fraction of the price! The Sailing Club located on the beach is not far. That is where you will meet tourist like yourself and some of the ladies of the night for dancing and drinking ect. Nha Trangs best night life place. Hope this helps. Just be sure when you leave the Sailing Club in the evening you do not walk back to your hotel. Have a taxi take you for about $1USD There are many bandits and pick-pocketers that will be on you like fly on *hit. Trust me on this!

Mentioned in this post
Asia Paradise Hotel
Asia Paradise Hotel
155 Reviews
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Coolum Beach...
Level Contributor
3,302 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ana Mandara Resort for a single guy?

Hi Viet212,

I cannot agree more with the advice that goldpond has given----the Ana Mandara was once the " GEM" of Nha Trang----over the last few years the variety and standard of amenity available has increased dramatically ----much better value, livelier resorts----Nha Trang years ago ( when the Ana Mandara was the pearl),was largely dependent for its primary income from fishing---its now a bustling tourist venue ( and as a consequence it has acquired some of the less savoury characteristics)---Its still a great place to go, and as Ken said the old Sailing Club is still a popular landmark in the town!

I think you can a lot better than this aging lady ---and you could die of boredom if you do not stay somewhere else if you are looking for a bit of action!

thoughts

plover

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
New York
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ana Mandara Resort for a single guy?

Thanks guys,

I will definitely check out the Asia Paradise Hotel.

V

Mentioned in this post
Asia Paradise Hotel
Asia Paradise Hotel
155 Reviews
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ana Mandara Resort for a single guy?

Hello,

Goldpond's advice is right on and don't accept rides (or anything else) from anyone in that area late at night.

During the day, try La Louisianne Café a little farther South from the Sailoing Club on the beach. Good beer made on the premises and a little less expensive.

Mr. Jean

New York
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ana Mandara Resort for a single guy?

Hi Guys:

Need your help again!

after took the advs of Goldpond and Plover not to book the Ana Mandara i checked other hotels around but most of them are fully booked during 2nd week of Febuary 2008.

the below are list of hotels that are fully booked:

Yasaka Saigon

Sai-gon Nha Trang

Asia Praradise

Sofitel Vinpearl

Nha Trang Lodge.

Any other recommendation?

seems like the Ana Mandara is the only one that still available.

Viet

Mentioned in this post
Yasaka Saigon Nha Trang Hotel
Yasaka Saigon Nha Trang...
332 Reviews
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Vinpearl Nha Trang Resort
1,113 Reviews
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Nha Trang Lodge
Nha Trang Lodge
227 Reviews
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Australia
Level Contributor
698 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ana Mandara Resort for a single guy?

Hi, an alternative for Ana Mandara and VinPearl resort in Nha Trang is Sunrise resort. The resort sit next to Yasaka and Nha Trang beach is right in its door step. Didnt stay there so got no comment, sorry. But relative stayed there and they said it was OK, though couldnt compared to VinPearl ( they stayed at both)

Mentioned in this post
1,113 Reviews
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Nha Trang Beach
Nha Trang Beach
3,896 Reviews
Nha Trang, Vietnam
7. Re: Ana Mandara Resort for a single guy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:34 pm, December 07, 2007
8. Re: Ana Mandara Resort for a single guy?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:34 pm, December 07, 2007
9. Re: Ana Mandara Resort for a single guy?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, September 14, 2009