We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Ho Chi Minh to Ha Tien in 3 days - off the beaten track

Shanghai, China
1 post
Save Topic
From Ho Chi Minh to Ha Tien in 3 days - off the beaten track

Hi everyone,

I am going to Ho Chi Minh and Delta Mekong this Friday for 9 days with my girlfriend.

Could you please recommend us a route from Ho Chi Minh to Ha Tien in 3 days?

We would like avoid the beaten track as we don't like tourist tours too much...

I read a lot about Cai Be, Vinh Long and Can Tho and it seems like they are very touristy...

We just want to relax, enjoy good food and beautiful scenery.

We like to take the boat, cycling and we are in our mid 20's. (if it can help you to give us advices).

After that we would like to take the boat in Ha Tien and spend 4 days in Phu Quoc and then 2 days in Ho Chi Minh on the way back for some shopping and sightseeing.

Thanks in anticipation for your help!

All the best,

Guillaume

Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Ho Chi Minh to Ha Tien in 3 days - off the beaten track

You can take the bus from Saigon to Ben Tre and spend the first night , Next day you will continue to Can Tho and stay there the second night then the after that take the bus to Ha Tien where you can continue to get to Phu Quoc Island by Speed Boat or cross the border to Cambodia.

Cheers

Nhung

2. Re: From Ho Chi Minh to Ha Tien in 3 days - off the beaten track

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 23, 2014