We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chau Doc to PP by Boat | Catch bus on same day to SR?

Hyderabad, Andhra...
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Chau Doc to PP by Boat | Catch bus on same day to SR?

I'm planning to take the first boat from Chau Doc towards PP. Can I catch the bus to Siem Reap on the same day?

I do not want to stay in PP as I have to anyway stay there in PP while taking a flight back to Singapore.

Is it possible?

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
669 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Chau Doc to PP by Boat | Catch bus on same day to SR?

If you take the express boat at 7.30am from Chau Doc, you will arrive in Phnompenh around lunchtime. A bus from Phnompenh to Siem Reap takes nearly 4.5 hours. I think it is possible to arrive in Siem Reap the same day.

Phume Phnom...
Level Contributor
12,987 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chau Doc to PP by Boat | Catch bus on same day to SR?

Arrival time in Phnom Penh City Wharf Terminal is somewhat variable. However, arrival circa 13:00 pm is fairly normal.

In addition to which, the Phnom Penh City Wharf Terminal is very close indeed to several bus company offices. But here is the catch. Most of the services are not run to timetable services and are constantly stopping to pick up/drop of people and supplies etc along their route.

The two main bus companies you should be looking at are Mekong Express, the good and very reliable travellers choice with more services each day than the far newer and more modern Giant Ibis bus service. Mekong Express takes just under/on six hours for the trip between Phnom Penh and Siem Reap where as the Giant Ibis takes longer because it has two (2) comfort stops along the route but the Mekong Express only has one driver/pax rest stop. The mekong Express buses usually have an onboard toilet. Giant Ibis does not.

It helps to be aware of these factors when selecting a bus company to use.

Best regards. Ian

3. Re: Chau Doc to PP by Boat | Catch bus on same day to SR?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 22, 2014