We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Da ang airport to hue / how many days / which hotel

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Da ang airport to hue / how many days / which hotel

Hi all

Best way to get from da ang airport to hue for 2 adults ?

Is hue airport still closed ? If so how long by road ?

How many days in hue Vs da ang

Was looking at 3 days in hue and 6 days in da ang ( see Ho ani from da nang)

Hotel - la residence hotel Vs vedeena lagoon hotel in Hue

Any help appreciated .

Thanks

Jo

Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Da ang airport to hue / how many days / which hotel

Hi Jo, Hue airport is open and you would be best flying direct there if Hue is your destination. Otherwise I think most will suggest you spend your time in Hoi An, rather than Da Nang (note spelling!) Depending on your further travel plans, 3 days in Hue will give you a good time to explore and six days in Hoi An, depending on time of travel, (typhoons etc) is quite a long time. If you are set in having to fly into Da Nang you can travel by car, taxi, bus, train or motor bike to Hue and similar for the return to Hoi An, via Da Nang. There are many threads on TA about the trip, perhaps you could have a look?

Greg

2. Re: Da ang airport to hue / how many days / which hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:06 pm, December 02, 2014
Hue, Vietnam
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Da ang airport to hue / how many days / which hotel

hi, From the aiport to hue is 15km. Hue you stay 3 days. Hoi an 6 days. I voted La Residence Hotel

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
24,862 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Da ang airport to hue / how many days / which hotel

Totally agree with sgtgwh. We're not big fans of Da Nang as there isn't that much there for the tourist sight-wise, but Hoi An is well worth staying in.

For the trip between Hue and Hoi An, I would not recommend the bus as buses in Viet Nam are not the safest method of travel. You could take a train to Da Nang (very scenic) then road transport to Hoi An, or go by private car or as pillion passengers on motorbikes up through the Hai Van Pass (you need to specify this or you will go through 21km of very unedifying tunnel and miss the best bits), which is also spectacularly scenic. The advantage of private transport is that you can stop at will along the way for photo opportunities and to visit other sights between Hue and Hoi An.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Da ang airport to hue / how many days / which hotel

Distance from Da Nang to Hue is about 95km. you can travel by train or bus. As I known, there are not any flights from Da Nang to Hue. I think that 3 days in Hue is reasonable to visit all the sights in there.

Hanoi, Ha Noi...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Da ang airport to hue / how many days / which hotel

Why you should fly directly to Hue and then stay there 2 days/1 night is time enough for royal palace visiting and foodie tour.

Then, you should transfer to Hoi An via Da Nang by train or bus ( make sure you book a travel bus from local TO or get private car for safety).

You can stopover Danang for visiting Mable mountain and Da Nang beach then transfer to Hoi An. You should stay at least 3 nights in Hoi An for rural area biking, cooking class, fishing tour and shopping around Hoi An Ancient Town. Additional, you can visit My Son Holysee.

Enjoy your trip in Vietnam

Tony - ActiveTravel Asia

Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Da ang airport to hue / how many days / which hotel

Hi Jo, unfortunately too many travel agents are getting on to the message boards. Please take their information, as good or bad as it may be, with a grain of salt. Listen to the real TA people who have done things as a tourist and not for profit. The information provided by YorkFoodie reflects my best ways of transfers between Hue and Hoi An.

Greg

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Hue
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Da ang airport to hue / how many days / which hotel

HI

Since you enquired about Hue airport I assume you are flying from another place in Vietnam. So there is no need to go to Danang and do a side trip to Hue .and back. Hue's airport is at Phu Bai, 15km from the city. Hotels will arrange a pick-up, but taxi should cost around 240 000vnd. I would prefer La Residence which is in the city, where as Vedana Lagoon is 25km from the airport and 40km from Hue city. Yes it is nice out there, but you are adding a lot of travel time and expense to tours of the World Heritage sites and other places. Better to stay in town when you have only 3 days.

Check out Hue Private Car and Hue Happy Car for prices for car tours back to Hoi An. The trip is one of my favourites and I never tire of it. BTW, the tunnel is not 21km long as posted earlier. It may seem that long with a low speed limit and overloaded old trucks going half that limit, but it is really only a little over 6km long plus a few km of approach roads from Danang. The road over the pass is 21 spectacular kilometres. But if it is clouded out, the tunnel is safer.

3 days Hue and 6 in Hoi An is fine.

Regards

rayza

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Hue
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Da ang airport to hue / how many days / which hotel

HI again,

I realized, too late to edit, that you asked Hue V Da Nang. Well, I have friends who recently stayed in Danang that long at a luxury resort and enjoyed their time, mainly enjoying the resort and local beaches and visiting Hoi An once and also Ba Na, but unless you have special reason to stay more time in Da Nang than Hoi An, I would recommend the latter - or split the time.

Regards

rayza

Edited: 3:17 am, December 01, 2014
Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
678 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Da ang airport to hue / how many days / which hotel

The distance from Danang to Hue is too close to travel by flight. You can choose bus or train or even private car (more expensive but you can get over the Hai Van pass. It takes around 2-3 hours from Danang to Hue.

Both the hotels you mentioned are good enough to stay.