We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hue to My Son to Hoi An route and suggestions

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
558 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Hue to My Son to Hoi An route and suggestions

Hi All,

I'm making a slight alteration to my trip. Instead of going from Hoi An to My Son and back, I'm planning on covering My Son directly from Hue and then return back to Hoi An, so I'll be able to stay the remaining days in Hoi An.

I would like suggestions on what route to take for this trip between:

Hue --> Lang Co Beach --> Hai Van Pass --> My Son --> Marble Mountain --> Thanh Ha Pottery Village --> Tr Que Veg Village --> Hoi An (suggested by one member on TA)

and

Hue-Hai Van Pass-Lang Co-My Son-Hoi An (suggested by another member on TA).

I also want to visit Elephant Springs. Can you tell me what the route will be if I choose to include Elephant Springs with the above trip connections?

I wouldn't mind starting this trip at 6am (or even 5am) from Hue. Can you tell me if I start the trip at 6am, when can I finish everything and return back to Hoi An?

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hue to My Son to Hoi An route and suggestions

Hey Avid,

Leave Hue early and check out Lang co, Hai van and Elephant springs to Danang then head out to My son then back to the pottery village on the way back into Hoi an. Big day but doable.

Contact Dirty Pierre for some great info on Elephant springs.

Mark

Hue, Vietnam
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hue to My Son to Hoi An route and suggestions

My suggestion is that ( here are with the order of the sites to visit)

7:00am Hue -- Elephant Stprings -- Lang Co (just for photo) -- Hai Van pass -- Lunch somewhere in Da Nang (optional) -- My Son- Hoi An.

I think these are so enough for a day tour, more sites are not good because you will feel rush.

Thanh Ha Pottery Village and Tra Que Veg Village are close to Hoi An, it is good for you to use bike when you stay at Hoi An town to visit these.

Hope this is useful for you!

Da Nang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hue to My Son to Hoi An route and suggestions

Hi,

I would like to recommend itinerary possible for you:

From Hue --> Elephant Springs --> Lang Co Beach --> Hai Van Pass --> Marble Moutain --> My Son --> Thanh Ha Pottery Village --> Back to Hoi An.

Regarding to Tra Que vegetable village: you should go to there in other day.

Hope you have great time in Vietnam

Best Regards,

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Hue
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hue to My Son to Hoi An route and suggestions

Hi again AvidT...

Rosemary has the order right. Going to the Marble Mtns after My Son would involve some backtracking, more time and probably cost. This way it is just a diversion. Even the side trip to Elephant Springs might be a few more dollars for time, fuel, parking fees if it is not on the company's usual itinerary.

I know you like to pack in as much as possible but you should consider just letting things happen this day. The highway is no motorway and rushing along it just increases the risk. There are plenty of hazards. Take your time at all the stops and if it gets late, the two villages are as close to the old town as the beach is and can be reached by taxi or Xe om in five-ten minutes very cheaply over the rest of your time in Hoi An.

Have you got your Plan B yet?

Cheers

rayza

5. Re: Hue to My Son to Hoi An route and suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 pm, July 21, 2014
6. Re: Hue to My Son to Hoi An route and suggestions

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, July 21, 2014
7. Re: Hue to My Son to Hoi An route and suggestions

Removed on: 5:35 pm, July 21, 2014
8. Re: Hue to My Son to Hoi An route and suggestions

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 23, 2015