We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hue for a 1 day trip

Which Hue hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
536 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Hue for a 1 day trip

Hi Hue Forum Folks:

I have a plan to visit Hue as part of my itinerary. However, my itinerary is a bit hectic and it involves me coming to Hue only for a day. This is on Dec 28th.

I'll be coming in from Hanoi by flight (which leaves Hanoi at 8:10am and reaches Hue at 9:20am). I realize that by the time I land at the airport, go to the hotel and start my sight-seeing of Hue, it's probably going to be around 11am or 12pm. But I'm staying overnight at Hue, so it gives me the rest of the evening and night.

Is this going to be feasible to see at least something of Hue? Or do you strongly advise that I come in by the previous night flight into Hue and stay overnight at Hue, so I'll have the whole of next day to see Hue (as opposed to starting my sightseeing at 11 or 12pm).

Any inputs on this?

Thanks in advance.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hue for a 1 day trip

That depends a bit on what your plans were for the evening before in Hanoi. If you can spare the time to leave Hanoi in the evening and fly to Hue then it would be better as it gives you more time in Hue, but obviously cuts short your time in Hanoi.

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,699 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hue for a 1 day trip

Well, bearing in mind that even a whole day in Hue is insufficient to see everything, travelling there for just half a day of sightseeing would be a complete waste of time and money.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
536 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hue for a 1 day trip

Hi @kanthony, @CreakingBones: Thanks for the inputs. Your points well taken.

As of the moment this is what I have:

Dec 25: HCM - Mekong Delta – Can Tho – Hanoi

- Same day overnight flight to Han Noi (reach Hanoi by 6pm)

Dec 26: Hanoi

Dec 27: Hanoi - Halong Bay

Dec 28: Halong Bay to Hanoi

Dec 29: Hue

--------------------------------

Looks like I'm spending Dec 25th night and all of Dec 26th (including night) in Hanoi. Which means that right after the Halong Bay trip, I can take an overnight flight to Hue as I originally wanted to do.

Thanks again!

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,448 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hue for a 1 day trip

"Dec 25: HCM - Mekong Delta – Can Tho – Hanoi"

All that in one day? Surely you jest. How are you getting to/from Can Tho? If by road, you'll be spending most of the day in the bus and not much seeing Can Tho.

Edited: 8:14 pm, July 04, 2014
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
536 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hue for a 1 day trip

@YorkFoodie: Thanks, it does look insane. I have been told to split the trip so that I don't do all of this in 1 day; I could cover part of the Mekong on Dec 24th (when I land) and part of it on the 25th (continue to drive along the Mekong) and finally reach Can Tho airport on Dec 25th 2:30pm.

At the moment, everything is fluid and I'm open to inputs.

As for Hue, yes, thanks to the members of this forum, I've decided to take an overnight flight from Hanoi to Hue and spend 1 entire day in Hue as I can get more value out of seeing Hue this way. Thanks @CreakingBones for the input.

6. Re: Hue for a 1 day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, July 07, 2015