We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Hue airport

Which Hue hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, UK
Level Contributor
62 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Hue airport

Hi,

We are staying in Hue in April (at the Ana Mandara, just outside of Hue). The hotel is quoting $36 to pick us up at the airport, which seems rather expensive! Is it easy to get a taxi at the airport (arriving at 20:25), and how much should we expect to pay. Do you negotiate the amount in advance, or go by the meter?

Thanks!

Mandy

Hanoi, Vietnam
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Hue airport

Hi Mandy,

You can easy to get a cab or taxi from Hue airport/ train station to get there. The cost will be depend on the car you catch (4 or 7 seats one) that cost you about 20$ - 25$US for one way. But they normally quoted you more than that. So you should negotiate the price in advance before get on the car to avoid scammed drivers and just pay him when you arrive hotel safely. The private car with driver to pick you up from Hue airport to your hotel will cost you a fix price about 20$US/per private car/ one way. You can check it on internet for private car with driver in Hue to find out this. Good luck!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
6,215 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Hue airport

Mandy,

For peace of mind, IMO, the transfer by the hotel is the safest bet.

It's between 33-35km to the hotel, as there's no straight line road.

You will be arriving at night and you will be traveling away from the city.

By meter, a regular taxi should cost between $20-25.

I would pay that extra $10-15 to ensure a safe trip.

Regards,

John

London, UK
Level Contributor
62 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Hue airport

Thanks both of you. Really helpful.

London, UK
Level Contributor
62 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Hue airport

Thanks both of you. Really helpful.

5. Re: Taxi from Hue airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:10 am, March 09, 2014
6. Re: Taxi from Hue airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 pm, March 23, 2014
Orange County...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from Hue airport

We also went to Hue and landed in Hue airport. From what I can remember I believe I negotiated a fixed price of 340,000 VND to the city center.

PLEASE negotiate a price with the driver before hoping in the car. If the driver offers you a fixed price that is above your objective range then just move onto the next taxi as there are a row of them.

I had recently used yourlocalbooking.com for our roundtrip private car pickup from DaNang train station - Hoi An and Hoi An to DaNang airport again on 27/3 and the quote was very cheap.

I just looked up a quote for Hue to Hue center on yourlocalbooking.com and it came out to $32 USD roundtrip via Mr. Hai car transport.

I also booked with yourlocalbooking.com for my transport to My Son on 26/3 and negotiated a lower price since I told them I found a local travel agent in Hoi An that would drive us for $30 since their online quote is $35 and the yourlocalbooking.com agent promised us a newer car since most cars in VietNam are quite old and dingy.

Please be aware of the taxi meters if you are going to Hanoi. They are notorious for ripping you off. Our taxi meters would state a different rate than the ones posted on the door. Or they would initially display 11,000/km (rate advertised on vehicle) then when the car is in motion it counts 13,500 and then when we stopped at our destination, it ticked back to 11,000/km.

I am currently in Vietnam with my boyfriend. We were in Hanoi for a few days and got ripped off by the taxi meter but that is a notorious practice in Hanoi. Our flight had been delayed for hours and it was so late when we finally arrived at our hotel that I didn't want to argue with the sketchy taxi driver in the middle of the night and the difference was only a few bucks in USD so we just paid the darn guy.

I've also notice that most taxis in HCMC have their rates displayed on the glove compartment where it is easily visible while in other cities the rates are only displayed on the door outside.

Make sure to make a mental note of it before you hop in. There is also an initial hire rate as soon as you are picked up which is usually 12,000 so the meter will initially say 12,000 and then add the unit price of however much per km the car drives.

Always negotiate in VietNam. It's a bartering type of country.

I'm Vietnamese on a trip with my boyfriend from Mar 11 - 28. We've been so Nha Trang, Hanoi, Halong Bay, Cat Ba, Hue, and are currently in Hoi An.

Happy Traveling!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
6,215 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from Hue airport

Thanks for the report, Christine.

Mandy; however, won't be staying in the city.

She's going to be at the Anamandera in Thuan An beach, about 15km to the northeast of Hue (and further from the airport.)

John

Hue, Vietnam
Level Contributor
114 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi from Hue airport

Hi Friend

Pay 17$ for taxi in the airport or for travel agency from airport to your hotel ana mandara

Level Contributor
20 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi from Hue airport

Hi Mandy

I live in Hue and have also stayed at Ana Mandara which is lovely but is quite far from Hue. So you are looking at a fairly long taxi trip. It is 30 mins from the airport to Hue then 15 mins to Ana Mandara. The taxi from the airport to Hue costs around 250, 000vnd- not sure why all of these people have negotiated rates more expensive that the meter rate - go with Mailinh taxi, they are the most trustworthy and the price for me to the old part of the city is always around that price. There aren't many taxi scams in Hue, not like other cities in Vietnam. Then to the resort it is maybe another 100, 000vnd . So in total maybe around 20-25 so if you aren't on a budget then the resort taxi will take away any stress for you.

Get answers to your questions about Hue