We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Danang to Hue

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Danang to Hue

We had to fly into Danang from Hanoi as the Hue airport was under repair. What was supposed to be a two hour trip turned into three hours quite late at night as apparently a lot of the trucks use the road at night to avoid the police. The road was quite rough and went through a number of mountain passes which slowed us down. We missed out on the views due to being night time but the lights of Danang looked fabulous

Allow plenty of time if you are going by road and watch out for the suicide drivers in the buses!!!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
197 posts
296 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Danang to Hue

Well, to me it was a wonderful ride., as well as much fun for me. We had the entire raised back seats of the bus to ourselves, and we were the only non locals on the bus. It was cool how they made their local "stops"; sometimes the bus didn't even come to a full stop yet people managed to hop on/off with ease lol. Can't see that at home!

And yes, the scenery going over the HV pass is the highlight of the trip. But I needed to go both ways, so did the private car one way and the bus the other. It was cheap, wonderful, and fun. So for those traveling at night, or doing the trip both ways the bus is indeed an excellent choice for one way.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
323 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Danang to Hue

Thank you for your replies they are much appreciated - we would prefer to see as much as we can so would probably get a car and driver. Any suggestions on best way to do that i.e. any companies you could recommend or would we best to get our hotel in Hoi An to organise for us?

Any thoughts on how long we should spend in Hoi An and Hue, our time is a little limited. We were thinking 3-4 days in Hoi An and 2-3 in Hue?

13. Re: Danang to Hue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:31 pm, October 07, 2013
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Danang to Hue

Hi, I am planning my trip too. I plan to have a one-day tour at Hue. And looking for the train schedule.

as on vietnam-railway.com, the earliest train from Danang depart at 11:51. Yet, I found some posts saying that there is another train at 10:18. Can anyone tell me if there is still 10:18 train?

Hue, Vietnam
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Danang to Hue

You can hire a car from Da Nang to Hue. You do not worry about the time when using the car. Train in Vietnam is very very slow, sometimes non English-speaking person at the train station, it is hard for you to use it.

Enjoy your time!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
6,338 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Danang to Hue

I hope you plan to overnight in Hue.

The train schedule does change from time to time.

The best thing to do is to check it out upon arrival into VN.

If the SE 22 is still running, it will get you into Hue at 10h26.

Good luck; and don't forget to book ticket at least a day or two in advance.

17. Re: Danang to Hue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 19, 2014