We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vietnamrailway.com trustworthy?

Which Hue hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Munich, Bayern...
4 posts
Save Topic
vietnamrailway.com trustworthy?

We want to drive from Hue to Ninh Binh with the train (SE20) overnight. I´m wondering if the site vietnamrailway.com is trustworthy? It has the cheapest price. Anybody know the site or already booked via vietnamrailway.com? Thanks for your feedback.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vietnamrailway.com trustworthy?

They would be a travel agent as vietnam railways don't do online booking which means you'll get charged a commission and delivery fee. We have booked all our tickets through the hotels we've stayed in a couple of days in advance and that has been fine (and they only charged us a dollar a ticket to do it). We have always managed to get berths together, without problems. Plus Vietnamese Lunar new Year is over now so everything is less busy!

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,043 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vietnamrailway.com trustworthy?

I have used them twice and both times the tickets were waiting at the hotel for me. I didn't have time to arrange them more cheaply on arrival so the internet option was my only bet. Glad I did as there was not a seat left on the saturday morning train from HCMC to Phan thiet.

Mark

Munich, Bayern...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: vietnamrailway.com trustworthy?

Thanks for your answer. At the moment there is a promotion price from Hue to Ninh Binh - 29$. I think that´s a good price, is it? All other take 40$ and more. Regards

4. Re: vietnamrailway.com trustworthy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 01, 2014