We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling from hue to hoi an

Which Hue hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wellington, New...
6 posts
Save Topic
travelling from hue to hoi an

Wondering what people found a good way to travel. Car / but / train? Cost. Is the countryside interesting? How much wuld a car hire be. Any advice welcome.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
669 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling from hue to hoi an

A private car for two is around 50 to 60 USD. Train and bus is less than 10 usd. bus is quicker but they dont go over Hai Van Pass. It is best if you go by car with a good driver to stop at the pass. The countryside of HUe is an added value to Hue ruined heritage, especially the Thuy Bieu village. This is one of the few places in Vietnam that have remained unchanged despite all ongoing modernization.

2. Re: travelling from hue to hoi an

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 am, February 25, 2013
3. Re: travelling from hue to hoi an

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 am, February 25, 2013
Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling from hue to hoi an

I think the best option is a car and driver, it costs more but you go over the Hai Van cloudy pass and can stop off at Marble mountain for great view of china beach.

MAlta
Level Contributor
74 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travelling from hue to hoi an

I was going to ask the same question :)

Any suggestions re which company or tour to book the transfer with? How long will it take?

Thanks

Edited: 3:30 pm, March 03, 2013
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,952 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travelling from hue to hoi an

I'd ask your hotel what they can book for you before looking for an outside agent. The trip takes as long as it takes, though if you don't stop along the way, about three and a half hours.

leicester
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travelling from hue to hoi an

If you like adventure, get a moped taxi. Fantastic way to do the trip, and over Hai Van Pass was spectacular. If you have lots of luggage though, a car would be better. Hotels can book it, or take the open top bus. Moped took us all day but we stopped a lot on the way at different sights.

Lerwick, United...
Level Contributor
315 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: travelling from hue to hoi an

We are in Hue and just booked a car at our hotel when we arrived

$65 for the journey stopping at all the scenic spots en route to Hoi An

Dont know how much it costs on bikes - I didnt ask! Too scary for me.

cairns
Level Contributor
106 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: travelling from hue to hoi an

I am turning it into a day trip and will be going as a scooter passenger. It costs (a little) less than car hire, but gives me the chance to stop more often for photo opportunities.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
438 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: travelling from hue to hoi an

private car is recommended at rate around 60-70$ but you could stop at all the spots you like en route to Hoi An

Get answers to your questions about Hue