We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phong Nha Caves from Hue?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Phong Nha Caves from Hue?

Is it possible to see caves from Hue in one day? We don't have time to overnight elsewhere?

Mentioned in this post
Hue
Hue
Thua Thien - Hue Province, Vietnam
pgh, pa
Destination Expert
for Da Nang, Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park
Level Contributor
3,034 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phong Nha Caves from Hue?

Private car, long day, can be done, but it won't be fun.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phong Nha Caves from Hue?

Many thanks Drifter for yr response. The more I read the more I got that, but I appreciate your confirmation.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
591 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Phong Nha Caves from Hue?

takes about 6 hours to get to phong nha ... same on return

leave very early and you could nap in the car on the way back

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phong Nha Caves from Hue?

Thanks anyway but I've got two teenage boys, 12 hours in a car together? I love them but that's ridiculous.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
28 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phong Nha Caves from Hue?

Just did the trip.

We had the same question. Finally we decided to go and do 2 caves

- Phong Nha Cave (smaller, less impressive, nice experience, entry by boat, fun with kids)

- Paradise Cave (LARGE, IMPRESSIVE, by foot)

Went by private car. (Kids of 8 and 10)

This is our time table:

Left Hue: 6u00

Arrived at Phong Nha Cave: 10u00

Went on boat to visit the cave: 10u00

Skipped the boat trip back ; had us picked-up at T-junction 200 mtr from cave by taxi bus to save time : 12u00

Went to paradise cave (approx 30km drive), had lunch until: 13u30

went to cave by golf cart (save time and energy)

Walked around the cave. Exit /departure 16u00

Arrive back in Hue : 20u00

It was a long day, but pleased we did (esp beacuse of Paradise cave). One could choose to do one cave (would do Paradise in that case) . But travel time is relatively long in that case. So do both.

I expect that Paradise cave might be a (the?) high light of our trip to Vietnam.

Mentioned in this post
Paradise Cave
Paradise Cave
1,418 Reviews
Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park, Vietnam
Hue
Hue
Thua Thien - Hue Province, Vietnam
6. Re: Phong Nha Caves from Hue?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 am, August 02, 2013
7. Re: Phong Nha Caves from Hue?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 am, August 03, 2013
8. Re: Phong Nha Caves from Hue?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 05, 2014