We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hue Hoi An & Nha Trang

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hue Hoi An & Nha Trang

My husband and I are travelling for the first to Vietnam in April 2013, we are only doing Sth Vietnam this time. We are spending 6 days In HCMC and Mekong Delta. We have another 9 days for Hue, Hoi An and Nha Trang. How should we split that time up? We are not party people. I have read mixed reviews about NT.

Sapa
Level Contributor
471 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hue Hoi An & Nha Trang

Depending on how you like each point, Hue is more historical with tombs of Kings, citadel, pagodas with a 2 full day visit I think while Hoi An and Nha Trang are by a beach at which you can relax and explore life of local people, foods, cultures and activities on the water. From my side, I will spent more time in Hoi An and NT.

Sapa sunshine Travel

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
378 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hue Hoi An & Nha Trang

I'm here now buddy 4 days 3 nights is plenty in both, where are you staying in hoi an and nha trang??

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
192 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hue Hoi An & Nha Trang

You should spend 2 nights in Hue (1 day city tour and 1 day for other beauty spots), 2 nights in Hoi An (Ancient Town and beaches), 2 nights in Da Nang (Marble mountain, Son Tra peninsula, Ba Na hills, etc) and the rest 3 nights in Nha Trang (islands, Vinpearl, mud bath, etc).

In the south, 2 nights in HCMC and other 3 in Mekong Delta is enough.

Have a nice trip.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hue Hoi An & Nha Trang

We are think of staying at Vinh Hung riverside in Hoi An and Diamond Bay resort in Nha Trang. Any opinions

Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
320 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hue Hoi An & Nha Trang

For my suggestions, 2 days/1 night in Hue, drive to Hoi An 4 days/3 nights, flight from Da nang to Nha Trang 3 days/2 nights. It is because Hoi An now is very famous for relaxation and tourist activities.

Hope this can help you!

Enjoy your time! Vietnamdrive

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
192 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hue Hoi An & Nha Trang

Vinh Hung resort is located on the bank of Thu Bon River and 5 minutes walk to the Ancient Town. This 4-star resort is nice if you prefer something related to garden and river. Most resorts in Hoi An are located near beach and far from the Ancient Town.

Diamond Bay Resort is quite good resort with fantastic campus and activities such as golf, water sports, etc. But it situates on the way to Cam Ranh Airport and quite far from city centre.

Da Nang, Vietnam
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Hue Hoi An & Nha Trang

i think you should stay for 3 days 2 night in Hue to discover many interesting in Hue city http://www.imperial-hotel.com.vn/

3days 2 nights for Hoi An and other for NhaTrang city.

hope my ideas helpul

have a nice trip:)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
831 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hue Hoi An & Nha Trang

You would need to fly HCMC to Hue or Da Nang and another flight to Nha Trang and then back to HCMC again to fit this in. Too much time travelling I think. You don't need to be party people to enjoy Nha Trang, it's a great place to visit but Diamond Bay resort is too far out of town if you have limited time to enjoy Nha Trang. Instead of Nha Trang I'd take advantage of the agreeable weather on the central coast at this time of year.

If you're keen to see Hue and Hoi An April is a great time to include some beach. You could fly HCMC to Hue for a few days, catch a train or hire car over the Hai Van pass to Da Nang and then on to Hoi An with a couple of nights in town and the rest at a beach resort on Cua Dai beach 4kms out of town.

Then fly back to HCMC from Da Nang.

Australia
Level Contributor
78 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hue Hoi An & Nha Trang

We stayed at the An Aham Villas off Nha Trang in July and enjoyed the rest.

Visted Nha Trang for the day and that was adequate. Mind you we are all in our 40's If that means anything. We had just enjoyed 2 weeks of the Vietnam experience and enjoyed the beach. I researched trip advisor for some months before making the booking and was very happy. Hoi An was relaxing and full of good food, buildings and good weather. We flew and was very affordable.

10. Re: Hue Hoi An & Nha Trang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 am, October 24, 2012