We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

$90 Hue to Hoi An/$70-$120 day tour around Hue

Australia
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
$90 Hue to Hoi An/$70-$120 day tour around Hue

Hi

I have read a LOT of posts here about transport and using this information have emailed places recommended. I am a bit shocked at the prices I am being quoted. So far I have one from a hotel and one from a local Hue travel agency.

A general private day trip to various tombs at our leisure with guide-I have been quoted $70 and $120-for 4 people.

The trip from Hue to Hoi An-both quotes were $90.

I have seen people mention much lower prices-have prices changed a lot do you think?

Thanks

1. Re: $90 Hue to Hoi An/$70-$120 day tour around Hue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 am, September 12, 2012
Australia
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: $90 Hue to Hoi An/$70-$120 day tour around Hue

I just got one more quote.

$75 for the Hue to Hoi An trip, with stops-no guide.

$45 for day trip around Hue + $25 if needing a guide.

That is sounding more like what I expected.

Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
189 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: $90 Hue to Hoi An/$70-$120 day tour around Hue

We did these trips about 4 weeks ago. Your original prices are very high.

We paid $50 Hue to Hoi An .... booked through hotel but is was comparable with a number of tourist shops we asked at..... and $40 for day trip (this was per car not for the number of people in it) They also organised the ticket for short trip on river to get back to hotel

Australia
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: $90 Hue to Hoi An/$70-$120 day tour around Hue

Thanks Chris.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: $90 Hue to Hoi An/$70-$120 day tour around Hue

I would get a quote from Mandarin cafe, they're very reputable with reasonable prices the website is:

www.mrcumandarin.com

We paid 48$ from Hue to Hoi An if you wait until you arrive there's loads of tour agencies that will organize a driver you don't need to book it in advance, we got quotes from Green Travel in Le Loi street and Viet Travel in Vo thi Sau street.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: $90 Hue to Hoi An/$70-$120 day tour around Hue

Thanks Chrella.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
14,129 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: $90 Hue to Hoi An/$70-$120 day tour around Hue

I would not take a day trip from Hue to Hoi An - you should be staying in Hoi An at least a few days. Seems to me those prices are inflated.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: $90 Hue to Hoi An/$70-$120 day tour around Hue

No, the trip from Hue to Hoi An is one way.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,752 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: $90 Hue to Hoi An/$70-$120 day tour around Hue

we did a full day trip around hue with Hue easy riders..on the bikes with a drver/guide with OWN itinerary(discuss with them what you want)cost us $15 each!!!so $30 for 2 and SO much fun..(we are old and never been on a bike).we also used them for transfer and full day trip hoi an to hue with heaps of stops was $45 each.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
343 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: $90 Hue to Hoi An/$70-$120 day tour around Hue

Folks;

Is one night enough for a stay at Hue, I am arriving via air and plan a city tour, cost quoted was $15 but perhaps I need to keep that day open, do the city tour the next day before going on to Hoi An?

I just do not want to get bored, also looking for some adventure, any suggestions