We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hue Sites

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Hue Sites

We are travelling to Hue in Nov 2012. We are arriving in Hue at 1pm. During the afternoon, our itinerary has us seeing the Citadel, Tomb of Tuc Doc, Tomb of Khai Dinh, Dong Ba Market ending at 5pm. Next day starting at 8am we see tomb of Ming Mang and Thien Mu Pagoda. I think this sounds ambitious but not really sure. Cant change timing but thinking to missTu Doc tomb definitely and maybe miss pagoda next day? We are on a private tour and mix and match as we please. Any advice. Thx

Edited: 7:50 am, July 14, 2012
Stop & Go Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Motorcycle Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, City Tours
Hue Easy Rider - Day Tours
Private Tours, Cultural Tours, Motorcycle Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Hue Riders
Multi-day Tours, Motorcycle Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Hue Private Cars
City Tours, Private Tours, Cultural Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Sydney
Level Contributor
4,063 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hue Sites

Hey Pamela,

I rode the moto to Tu Duc tomb in the morning (last November), spent a few hours there (pretty amazing) and spent the afternoon in the Citadel. I was buggered and still did not see everything that I wanted to. (admittedly I got lost occassionally)

That is a pretty busy itinerary so pick a couple of things that you MUST SEE and really get the most out of them.

My thoughts only,

Enjoy,

Mark

Italy
Level Contributor
39,506 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hue Sites

Are you doing it with an organized tour or planning it yourself?

Hue, Vietnam
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hue Sites

Hi Pamela

I think the first day if you arrive in Hue at 1pm you should see Old Citadel , Thien Mu Pagoda and Dong Ba market. Next morning starting anytime you want to visit Tu Duc tomb, Khai DInh, Minh Mang tomb.. ( if you do private tour is easy)

Other way if you fell tired when you are arrive in Hue city fist day you can relaxing ... or walk around river for sigh-seeing

Next morning you can enjoy Hue group city tour , they will take you to visit all nice places in Hue city such as Old Citadel, Pagoda , 3main tombs...

hope you have good time in hue

cheer,

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hue Sites

Hi Chrella. Thanks for question. We have organised our trip through a Vietnamese travel agent but on a private tour essentially with own car & driver so can choose which to do or not

Hue, Vietnam
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hue Sites

Hi,

Your itinerary will be better if you change alitte on the first day. You can visit the Tu Duc Tomb or Khai Dinh Tomb on the second day. They are on the same road to Minh Mang Tomb. If you like to see the Perfume River, you need to book a boat trip. It is very amazing.

Nice Trip

Hanoi
Level Contributor
734 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hue Sites

that seems to be a rush itinerary for the first day. here is my itinerary:

during afternoon: The citadel, Thien mu pagoda

next day: Ming mang tomb, Khai dinh tomb, Tu Duc tomb then you could see Dong ba market, luckily that you take a private tour so easier to visit.

7. Re: Hue Sites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, July 18, 2013