We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hue - how long to see each place?

Kota Kinabalu
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Hue - how long to see each place?

Hi - I am travelling with husband and 3 teenaged daughters mid July.

We are driving from Hoi An leaving about 10.00am mainly just stopping for the views from the pass.

I figure we should get to Hue about 2pm??

We have 2 nights booked before flying to Hanoi but I can't decide which flight to take - the 12.10 or 9.35pm - without working out if I can drag the kids around to the best of the sights and be finished in time for the earlier flight.

List of things to do:

(1) 1st afternoon - Citadel - Notre Dame - Dong Ba market.

(2) 2nd Day - Early Perfume River cruise to see at least 2 Tombs and Thien Mu Pagoda, maybe the newly opened Summer Palace. Is there likely to be spare time on this day?

(3) Departure day - anything we missed!

Does this look possible and is there anything you would recommend not on the (basic) list.

Cheers.

los angeles
Level Contributor
511 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hue - how long to see each place?

Hi, can you tell me about the newly opened summer palace? we leave next week and Hue is our second stop after Hanoi.

thanks.

Kota Kinabalu
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hue - how long to see each place?

Sorry - I don't really know anything about it yet - I saw it mentioned in an article in our local newspaper. All it said was that they had spent quite a bit of money doing it up and that it was just newly opened but no address etc. Hopefully someone else may know.

3. Re: Hue - how long to see each place?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 am, October 01, 2009