We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hoi an weather

Mill Valley
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
hoi an weather

Please...someone help me. I have plans to travel to Vietnam on November 1st. Staying in Saigon for two days. Then I leave by plane to Da Nang and then by car down to Hoi An. I was planning on staying in Hoi An for 6 days and then back to Saigon. I have just been informed by a vietnamese friend that there has been tormential rains and terrible flooding in Hoi An . I'm thinking perhaps it's not such a good idea to go there. Does anyone have information about the conditions of Hoi An. Thanks Linda

Mentioned in this post
Hoi An
Hoi An
Quang Nam Province, Vietnam
Coolum Beach...
Level Contributor
3,298 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: hoi an weather

Hi lachef,

If you google search " Vietnam News", you will turn up the English Speaking paper of VN. If you enter their site ( first one), you will find on the 4th article down,there is a full article on the extent of the damage!

The provinces of Quong Tri,Thua Thien-Hue, provinces have been the worst affected----but mainly in the low lying provincial rice growing areas.

These areas are north of Hoi An, and whilst being relatively severe are no where near as bad as it can get in Central VN at this time of the year!

I am certainly been receiving emails from Hue friends who indicate the situation is improving!

Perhaps someone in Hoi An right now can tell us what is going on!

thoughts

plover

Mentioned in this post
Hoi An
Hoi An
Quang Nam Province, Vietnam
Danang
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hoi an weather

Hi All,

The weather in Hoian/Danang/& Hue has improved much these days. And tourists can enjoy their time in these areas. Historical spots, shops, restaurants ... are open to customers.

Happy traveling

3. Re: hoi an weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, September 11, 2009