We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying into HCM at 1 AM

bc
Level Contributor
24 posts
18 reviews
5 helpful votes
Flying into HCM at 1 AM
Save

Hi,

Will the money exchange booths be open at that time? I am traveling on my own. What is the best way to get to Evergreen Hotel? Am wondering if the airport shuttle runs at the time. Thank you.

Jan

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
2,320 posts
113 reviews
44 helpful votes
1. Re: Flying into HCM at 1 AM
Save

No bus or money exchange booths be open that time. You should call taxi or ask hotel to arrange pick up, it will be safer.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
9,272 posts
49 reviews
54 helpful votes
2. Re: Flying into HCM at 1 AM
Save

I arrived last year just before 1am, and one of the money exchange places after X-ray check for your bags was still open, offering a good exchange rate.

Not sure the bus is still going at that time. You can either contact the hotel and order a transfer, or get a taxi. If you take a taxi only take Vinasun or Mailinh taxis - but there are not always one outside the interbnational terminal. I usually get a VInasun taxi in front of the domestic terminal - and when I arrived that late i saw plenty of Mailinh taxis outside the airport (saw them on my way to the hotel near the airport). But if you travel alone getting a transfer might be the easiest and safest option

Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Flying into HCM at 1 AM
Save

I arrive at around 1 am too. Hopefully the money exchange is open. Sounds like it is. My 20 usd hotel I doubt does pick up. Thanks for the info on taxis.

bc
Level Contributor
24 posts
18 reviews
5 helpful votes
4. Re: Flying into HCM at 1 AM
Save

Thanks for advice

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
12 posts
14 reviews
1 helpful vote
5. Re: Flying into HCM at 1 AM
Save

Best thing change 100 dollars in vnd before traveling. Have your hotel address ready for the taxi at that time. It is pretty safe traveling in vietnam

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
9,272 posts
49 reviews
54 helpful votes
6. Re: Flying into HCM at 1 AM
Save

Most regulars would advise NOT to exchange any money into Dong outside of Vietnam, as the exchange abroad is very bad in comparison to Vietnam (some reported differences of 20-25%).

Wait till you are in Vientam. Should the exchange booth not be open, use one of the ATMs instead.

7. Re: Flying into HCM at 1 AM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:23 am, November 22, 2016
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Flying into HCM at 1 AM
Save

Cool good info not open go to the ATM. I arranged for my hotel to pick me up.

Olongapo...
Level Contributor
13 posts
26 reviews
12 helpful votes
9. Re: Flying into HCM at 1 AM
Save

Flew in past midnight, and i saw an exchange shop just right after u get out from immigration and a couple or three just before you exit. There were alot Filipinos exchanging money to pay for their taxis.

I saw the yellow bus was lined up just outside the exit, but not so sure if they were still running since it was pretty late already.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,726 posts
233 reviews
123 helpful votes
10. Re: Flying into HCM at 1 AM
Save

I would be inclined to contact the hotel to arrange for a taxi. The contact will also be a nice reminder to the hotel of the late arrival. The taxi will likely be at a premium but less of a premium than the not so honest taxi driver taking advantage of the late arrival. Also the hotel has a vested interest in the arrival at the hotel. The less than honest taxi drivers may or may not take you to the correct hotel.