We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Age limit

Sydney
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Age limit

Hi all!

Is anyone aware of an age limit imposed on clubs bars etc?

florida & QC
Level Contributor
757 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Age limit

Dan

You can't drive in VN, so drink 33 as much as you can. Have a nap after a 3h lunch.

3h lunch is normal in Southern Fr and Spain. Eating in Fr is an experience, stores (in the south) are closed during lunch. Actually, once you sat down at a restaurant, you were expected to stay until lunch was over, dinner was the same.

Skip lunch in US.

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Age limit

hahahaaaaaaaaaaa

your all cracking me up here.....

i let hubby drink as much as he wants ,no under the thumb here ... he gets happier with the more drinks he has , ...i'll have to ask for 2 cartons ON ice , not ice in !

bonk , i feel so sorry for you , that would be torture watching everyone enjoying it , specially when your on holidays , thats party time !

hehehehe

cheers

batt

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
302 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Age limit

Book,

I got used to long lunch in VN after awhile :) The amazing thing happened to me after 4 weeks in VN eating like a horse, I lost 10 pounds :)... As you said, I couldn't drive there and I only walked... It'll be my new year resolution for getting in shape :)

Who woulda thunk???

--DanQue

Coolum Beach...
Level Contributor
3,298 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Age limit

Hi Dan,

Told you so!!!----must be fit!--I go in fit as can be , walk everywhere!---eat everything ---still loss weight!

Have a good day!

plover

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Age limit

Dan and Plover,

I thought I was the only one who lost weight while eating and drinking so well in VN. Everytime I come there I lose 8-10 pounds. I eat all day yet still lose a littlle weight. Unfortunately I gained it back last time by eating junk when I returned to the US. Now I have settled into a pattern of eating much the same way I did in VN, though I can't find any place here to get Pho for breakfast.

Seal Beach, CA
Level Contributor
519 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Age limit

"Bia Lanh, Khong da" if you want cold beer without ice.

Bonk,

You must have stay at Phi Long 2 again. 2 beer limits. Are you crazy? I would go crazy if my wife limit me to 2 beers a meal in VN. I do not understand how you could lose weight in VN. 2 beers would last abour 2 minute top.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Age limit

Hi Beach,

Yup I was in the Phi Long 2 again. My wife's family are all based in Tan Binh so it's convenient for us to stay there. I think if I didn't have a wife in VN, I'd come there with some of my buddies and go on a drinking and eating frenzy. I probably would not lose any weight then. That two beer limit has taught how to drink very slowly. Two new places have opened along Le Van Sy in the same block as PL 2. One is a brew pub. The prices seemed a little high by VN standards.

London
Level Contributor
285 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Age limit

Bonk

You need one of these

www.firebox.com/index.html…

or

2 of these www.drinkstuff.com/products/product.asp…

The only thing worse than warm beer is no beer!!!!!!!!!!

Fill

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Age limit

Thanks Fill,

Those are both great products. You have made my day!!

20. Re: Age limit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, August 23, 2009