We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cycling Vietnam October 2016

Adelaide
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Cycling Vietnam October 2016

Hi my girlfriend and I are looking at using Bike Tours Direct who advertise a 10 day bike tour in Vietnam. Am keen to know if anyone else has been on this tour to find out how they enjoyed their experience and what time of the year they went??

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
173 reviews
1. Re: Cycling Vietnam October 2016

I have some good friends who just came back but they used Le Vietnam -and they highly recommended them.

I have some info if you're interested

Adelaide
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Cycling Vietnam October 2016

Thanks - can you send the information on much appreciated

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
173 reviews
3. Re: Cycling Vietnam October 2016

sending you a PM now- check your inbox

Adelaide
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Cycling Vietnam October 2016

Hi - haven't received your PM yet - not sure what a PM is??? Thanks for your prompt response

Glarus, Switzerland
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Cycling Vietnam October 2016

Where do you go in vietnam, northen or southern of vietnam? Weather of each place in vietnam very different.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Cycling Vietnam October 2016

We start in the North and finish in the South after 14 days looking at going in October, 2016

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
173 reviews
7. Re: Cycling Vietnam October 2016

firstly I'll say that October is the rainy season in central vietnam- sometimes typhoons and very heavy rain.

not always though.

to find your messages- you should have received an email notification from trip advisor and you can just click on that it will bring you to your mailbox.

failing that, open your laptop and go to the top right of the page - next to your name (where you're signed in) there's a downward arrow (drop box) click on that and go to messages. in your inbox you will see I've sent you a message with the details.

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: Cycling Vietnam October 2016

Hey, I go on a 14 day bike tour starting HCMC and ending Hanoi at the beginning of March this year. Could you please share any hints/tips or advice with me? Many thanks!

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
316 posts
7 reviews
9. Re: Cycling Vietnam October 2016

#8 -Seems like a hell of a distance to cover in only 2 weeks unless your using buses/trains for part of the route.

I'd suggest sticking to South Vietnam perhaps HCM to Quy Nhon or Hoi An, if you really want to squeze in the Hai Van Pass then onward to Hue should be enough. There's some great cycling on this route & great stopovers, not least Mui Ne, Nha Trang, Quy Nhon, Hoi An.

www.stillroamin.blogspot.com

might give you some ideas.

10. Re: Cycling Vietnam October 2016

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 23, 2017