We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palace Hotel or Majestic or Renaissance Riverside

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,670 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Palace Hotel or Majestic or Renaissance Riverside

We are travelling next year with another couple to Ho Chi Minh City for 7 nights, they want to book the Palace because it is the cheapest but I am leaning to the other 2 as we like a bit of luxury

Anyone help with advice, the Palace looks okay but the reviews of TI arent so complimentary

BMT, Central...
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Palace Hotel or Majestic or Renaissance Riverside

The Majestic Hotel is a classic hotel located at the junction of the backbone street of Ding Khoi and the SaiGon River. It has large rooms and is very comfortable - with character. Traffic is busy at rush hours.

The Rennaisance is in a nearby facing a parkette with a statue of General SaiGon, and is about 5-6 years old. Very modern with many facilities including a swimming pool and gym facilities.

The Palace is an older property on very busy Nguyen Hue - the main drag to the city hall. You tend to get hustled when leaving the hotel.

The Grand Hotel on Dong Khoi is a refurbished property which is both friendly and yet formal enough for business types.

My favourite is the Huong Sen Hotel, again on Dong Khoi, where you are treated like family. The property is older, but well maintained. Twice, whilst staying there over at Tet Festivals, I was invited home by ever friendly staff members to join their celebrations. It has a buffet breakfast in the rooftop dining room. Reminds me of a French country hotel.

If you want a quiet boutique hotel, 1 block off Dong Khoi, is the Indochine Hotel (www.indochinehotel.com) at 42 Hai Ba Trung where standard rooms, with breakfast, go for USD$25/night/double. It is very popular so make your bookings early.

There are big differences in rack rates and what you expect to pay - so contact them direct and start bargaining by e-mail.

Level Contributor
653 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palace Hotel or Majestic or Renaissance Riverside

selling-nothing; Does the Huong Sen Hotel have a swimming pool? How much for the delux room?

3. Re: Palace Hotel or Majestic or Renaissance Riverside

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, August 12, 2009