We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa dates

Which Ho Chi Minh City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
104 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Visa dates

I just got my (second) visa valid from 4th Aug to 4th Sept.

I will enter HCMC on 1st Aug, anyone know if this is likely to be a problem?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa dates

George,

Are you talking about a visa extension or are you arriving in VN for the first time on Aug 1? If your visa doesn't start until August 4 then you may have trouble coming into VN before then.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
104 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa dates

No this isnt an extension its a new visa.

pgh, pa
Destination Expert
for Da Nang
Level Contributor
2,682 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa dates

RG,

Houston we have a problem! Will cost you $25.00USD for the error if it was your fault. Don't know if it was the embassy's fault they still will charge you I'm sure. Happened to me and I had to send it back and have the date changed...white out....cost...$25.00.

Drifter

Coolum Beach...
Level Contributor
3,292 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa dates

royal ,

It's happened to me and cost me too---Drifter is right ---always start( by 2-3 days) your validity entry date prior to anticipated entry date for flexibility sake!

VN immigration bit inflexible on this!

plover

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
104 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa dates

I entered with the wrong dates.

It cost $10 at the airport to change the Visa.

BMT, Central...
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa dates

RoyalGeorge said:

"I entered with the wrong dates.

It cost $10 at the airport to change the Visa."

You can be happy to know that your USD$10 likely ended up in the Agents pocket - Immigration Officers routinely re-issue visas - they have the power to modify any thing on a Visa, as well as deny entry!

You can pleased to know in past years premature arrival at a border often resulted in a denied entry and a wait, in another country, until your date came up.

7. Re: Visa dates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, August 13, 2009