We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In Your Opinion

Wirral
Level Contributor
756 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
In Your Opinion

Hi Guy`s,

In your opinion what is the best hotel in District 1 with a pool??? Price isn't really to much of an issue, we would just like to be in the backpacker area for nightlife. But the other half will not stay without a pool.

Any info would be a great help.

Regards

bb

Saigon Soul Pool Party
Bars & Clubs, Beach & Pool Clubs
Tour Guide In Saigon
Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours, Food Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Day Trips, City Tours
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: In Your Opinion

Hi Bertie,

I can only comment from limited experience but we have stayed at both the Majestic and the Rex (2 pools) which both have pools - albeit small and certainly not "resort style" like those one might experience in Thailand or Bali. Then again, Saigon is not a resort kind of town - it's many endearing features lie elsewhere.

Nevertheless, we certainly enjoyed both and I would put the Rex slightly ahead. You did mention that price was not an issue and these hotels are certainly at the more expensive end of accommodation in Saigon. I understand that not staying in PNL and paying more than A$50 a night for a room can make one something of a pariah on these boards, but for what it's worth, we felt both hotels offered genuine value.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: In Your Opinion

The best hotel with a pool is the Park Hyatt, with the Intercontinental a close (and significantly cheaper) second. Also look at the Sheraton, Caravelle and the Renaissance, which has a lovely rooftop pool. Probably the cheapest hotel with a pool is the May. None of them are within walking distance of the backpacker district but in my opinion that's a selling point rather than a drawback.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: In Your Opinion

...and the New World of course, which also has a rooftop pool AND is a very short walk to the backpacker district, and is the cheapest 5-star in D1.

London, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: In Your Opinion

Eden Saigon in D1 with a rooftop pool.

Wirral
Level Contributor
756 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: In Your Opinion

Thank you all for your input, it`s been a great help.

My Wife seems to like the Eden Saigon, have you stayed there recently Puss V ?

Regards

bb

Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: In Your Opinion

I also stayed at Liberty central I found this motel very central to everything even backpackers area

pool was adequate and never too many people staff very helpful

I was there in oct/nov this year

London, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: In Your Opinion

Hi bb,

Yes i am at Eden Saigon hotel now, it's a brilliant hotel and walking distance to central and Ben Thaht Market.

Wirral
Level Contributor
756 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: In Your Opinion

Hi Puss V,

That's very reassuring to know as we have booked it.

Have a great holiday, and thanks again.

Regards

bb

19. Re: In Your Opinion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 08, 2014