We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in HCMC? What to do?

Toronto
Level Contributor
18 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in HCMC? What to do?

Hi. I have two days in HCMC. From what I've read, I think I want to stay in Dong Khoi Area. Any recommendations for an affordable, safe, clean hotel? I'm a female solo traveler. Also, what should include in my itinerary? I'm planning to arrive Dec 23 in the evening and leave Dec 25 in the evening. Looking for culture, history and food. Thanks!!

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,526 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Where to stay in HCMC? What to do?

Business as normal. While they like to create mayhem in the evening on the 24th - it really does get chaotic, for most, 24/25/26th is a normal working day.

Saigon, null...
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Where to stay in HCMC? What to do?

Bui Vien street is one of the best areas to stay in Saigon!

Toronto
Level Contributor
18 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Where to stay in HCMC? What to do?

Thanks so much everyone!!! I have lots to research. And clearly will have lots to take in being there from 23 - 25! Happy travels!!!

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
303 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Where to stay in HCMC? What to do?

I stayed in The Grand Hotel on Dong Khoi Street earlier this year. It's of a mid-range price bracket (around $30 a night) but I just can't fault them! Comfortable rooms, amazing spa services and wonderful buffet breakfast. The pool is a little on the small size, but if you're only here for 2 days, I imagine you'll be too busy exploring the city anyway!

Hope this helps!

http://cokerri.wordpress.com

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
7 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Where to stay in HCMC? What to do?

Majestic Hotel

Rex hotel

Sagon Lotte Hotel

Rex Hotel....

- enjoy various food including Vietnamese and Asia one as well as Western ones.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
679 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Where to stay in HCMC? What to do?

I too vote for Sanouva, its a nice small hotel and within walking distance to the War Remnants Museum, Notre Dame, and the Reunification Palace. Also take a back of the Bike Foodie Tour or XO tour. Really good and you will meet other people. Have a great trip.

27. Re: Where to stay in HCMC? What to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 17, 2014