We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

must go places in vietnam

Which Ho Chi Minh City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
coventry
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
must go places in vietnam

After 3days in Bangkok, Debs and me on our honeymoon are going to spend 10 days in vietnam. We want to experience, City; culture War museum,and r&r on a nice beach. I fancy saigon, debs ha noi, she thinks it would be a better contrast from Bangkok. will not do both because to much travelling, in need of rest. Suggestions for travel itinary appreciated.

Hanoi Vietnam
Level Contributor
963 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: must go places in vietnam

Chris99,

Debs is right - in some ways Saigon is like a little BKK.

Hanoi is stiking in its individual atmos(no fear!).

Best beach experiences are in the centre but there are still acceptable beach resort options within a few hours of both cities.

Congratulations

Martin

Hanoi
Level Contributor
377 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: must go places in vietnam

I will vote for 3 days in Saigon, just enough to have some chill out nights at upscale restaurant, shopping for your wife, sun down drink from top of Caravelle, maybe a day trip to change wind around.

Next thing I will fly straight to Danang, spend 4 days 3 nights at Victoria. Relax, visit Hoi An, tailoring or maybe take a cooking class together :-) I fancy cooking stuff. A day trip to Cham Island for snorkeling or just enjoy a sun down BBC.

Last stop Hanoi, 4 days, take things easy, enjoy the "quiet life" here. See different things and relax. I will vote for a dinner cruise on Red river on a private boat with candle light and music. A day trip or 1 night trip up to a Resort in Hoa Binh to relax by the pool side and enjoy the cool moutain area weather.

Ha Long Bay and Sapa can wait for the next trip.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: must go places in vietnam

I wouldn't say that VN is relaxing at any level! Even on the beautiful beaches of Nha Trang or Mui Ne (both 'doable' from Sai Gon).

Really enjoyed Sai Gon but I'm not sure why you wouldn't do both Sai Gon and Ha Noi considering it takes very little time to get to them. Sai Gon will let you do the Cu Chi Tunnels (an excellent trip) and Ha Noi will let you cruise around Ha Long Bay.

If you want a beautiful and tranquil base I'd probably stay in southern Thailand!

Ari

Melb. Australia
Level Contributor
376 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: must go places in vietnam

I would vote for 3 days in Saigon and go to War Museum etc and down to Cu Chi for the tunnels - Great experience.

Then 2 nights in Mui Ne, perhaps stay at the Sailing Club Resort - Good beach and good pool.

Then fly to Hanoi which is a must and definitely go to Halong Bay and if the budget allows it stay on a junk overnight.

I guess Hanoi and Halong Bay are my preferences but it is all good and cannot be compared to Bangkok.