We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ho chi minh city to phu my ?

california
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ho chi minh city to phu my ?

Phu my is located between Long xuyen and chau doc. We want to get there. Please advise the best public transportation to get to Phu My. Also, does it has vina sun or mai linh taxi in this area. If so, does anyone know the phone number to call a vina sun or mai linh taxi. Thank you

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
669 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ho chi minh city to phu my ?

I think Phu My is a seaport in Vung Tau, around 65km from Ho Chi Minh City. Please correct the name of the place for more advice.

california
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ho chi minh city to phu my ?

The place I want to go to is Nang Gu ferry (ben pha nang gu), located on road QL91, around 20km from Chau doc, near cai dau and Binh Thuy , Binh My according to google map. Please advise the best way to get there. Thank you.

Edited: 10:00 am, June 20, 2013
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
7,009 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ho chi minh city to phu my ?

From Saigon (HCMC) you can take any bus going to Chau Doc (via Cai Lay and Long Xuyen, most likely.)

There are several bus lines like Mai Linh, Hoang Long, Phuong Trang, etc.

They depart from the Bus Station to the West (Bến xe Miền Tây)

395 Kinh Dương Vương, phường An Lạc, Quận Bình Tân Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh.

You can buy tickets at the various bus offices in HCMC; for example.

Hoang Long : 328A Lê Hồng Phong - F1 - Q.10 TP Hồ Chí Minh

You can ask around for other offices.

They normally have transfers to take you from their office to the bus station on the outskirt of the city.

california
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ho chi minh city to phu my ?

Hi John,

Thank you for your direction.

I have couple more questions.

1) I plan to buy ticket with Phuong Trang bus. Since the bus will pass Nang Gu ferry before reaching Chau Doc, would they agree to drop me off near Nang Gu ferry if I request it.

2) If not, does any taxi available so that we can hire a taxi to take us to Nang Gu ferry . I am looking for a way to go from Chau doc bus station to Nang Gu ferry and not sure which transportation is available. We have 4 people in our group.

3) by any chance do you know Mai Linh address and phone number in Chau doc. From what I have learned so far , Phuong Trang office in Ho chi minh city can not sell a return ticket from Chau doc. I must contact Phuong Trang office at Chau doc to buy a return ticket. We plan to go and return back to ho chi minh city in 1 day or the next day is the latest. I am worried that there is no available bus ticket for us to purchase for our return trip to ho chi minh city.

Please advise and thank you

Edited: 7:26 pm, June 20, 2013
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
7,009 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ho chi minh city to phu my ?

1) I plan to buy ticket with Phuong Trang bus. Since the bus will pass Nang Gu ferry before reaching Chau Doc, would they agree to drop me off near Nang Gu ferry if I request it.

Usually, when you're in a rural area, the bus will stop upon request.

You can ask around while waiting at the ticket office, at the bus station or on the bus for somebody who can speak English to translate for you, if necessary.

2) If not, does any taxi available so that we can hire a taxi to take us to Nang Gu ferry . I am looking for a way to go from Chau doc bus station to Nang Gu ferry and not sure which transportation is available. We have 4 people in our group.

There should be taxi and water taxi in CD that you can use as transport.

Or maybe you can ask ahead of time to see whether you can get off in Long Xuyen or in TT (thj trấn) An Châu if this bus is not allowed to drop you off at Nang Gu Ferry.

3) by any chance do you know Mai Linh address and phone number in Chau doc. From what I have learned so far , Phuong Trang office in Ho chi minh city can not sell a return ticket from Chau doc. I must contact Phuong Trang office at Chau doc to buy a return ticket. We plan to go and return back to ho chi minh city in 1 day or the next day is the latest. I am worried that there is no available bus ticket for us to purchase for our return trip to ho chi minh city.

Here are the information that my sister (in Saigon) provide me with:

- Hãng xe Phương Trang , số phone đặt vé 38 309 309 ,số phone văn phòng 38 333 463

Xe máy lạnh 45 chỗ ,

Giá vé 125,ooo đ /vé .

Một ngày có 4- 6chuyến

Nhưng phải đặt trước vài ngày .Giờ khởi hành thay đồi theo từng chuyến .

Địa điểm đón khách ,tại bến xe miền Tây ,hay tại văn phòng ở 328A Lê Hồng Phong .có xe

trung chuyển ra bến xe miền Tây .

- Hãng xe Hùng Cường ,số phone đat vé 39 551 247,số phone bến xe 39 551 105

Xe máy lạnh giường nằm 38 chỗ .

Giá vé 150,000đ/vé .

Cũng phải đặt trước vài ngày

If you can't read VN, let me know.

Also, I thought I found the number for taxi Mai Linh in CD, but somehow I lost it.

I found a number for Hoang Long Taxi in Long Xuyen though:

Số 555/5 Phạm Cự Lượng, P.Mỹ Quí, TP.Long Xuyên, tỉnh An Giang.

Điện thoại đặt vé: 0763. 688 688

I will let you know when I learn something new.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
7,009 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ho chi minh city to phu my ?

Sorry, I forgot this link.

dulichbui.org/an-giang/…phuong-tien-di-va-ve

You should find plenty of contact numbers in CD and Long Xuyen there.

Let me know if you can't decipher it.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
7,009 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ho chi minh city to phu my ?

Also, note that it could take 6-7 hours to get there.

You might want to arrange for a stay in CD or Long Xuyen.

My sister also advise that you should book tickets a few days in advance to guarantee your preferred departure time.

california
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ho chi minh city to phu my ?

Hi John,

We have only a couple days to make this trip before flying home. Can you please ask your sister to see if Mai Linh ( in ho chi minh city) can sell around trip ticket from hcm to chau doc or ho chi minh to long xuyen. If so, i will purchase around trip bus ticket with mai linh.

I checked mai linh website and they do not have bus service from long xuyen to chau doc. I am trying to see if I can hired a taxi (for round trip) from long xuyen to nang gu . If so, i can stay over night at Long xuyen before coming back to ho chi minh city. Thanks for your helps.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
7,009 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ho chi minh city to phu my ?

I've asked my sister as well as another local source in Can Tho; they both said that the bus will drop you off upon request.

I think I might have read somewhere that Mai Linh recently ceases the Chau Doc route.

This is the contact numbers that you can try when you arrive into VN to verify if that is indeed the case.

vietcaretravel.net/xe-o-to/vietnam-open-bus/…

For Phuong Trang:

www.futabuslines.com.vn/Default.aspx?tbid=18

There are also local buses that you can flag down in the worse case scenario along the main road. They will stop to pick you up.

That is how the locals travel in the rural area.

Do you intend to go to Chau Doc at all?

If not, you might consider booking a taxi in Long Xuyen or An Chau.

You can get off at either location and have the taxi to take you to Nang Gu, and back. You can spend the night in one of those locations; Long Xuyen will probably give you more choice.

This could help as you're traveling with two elderly in their 60s.

The taxi can take you to the specific you need to go near Nang Gu.

The driver will then wait to take you back to town.

If you'r going to stay in the Nang Gu area, you can book a taxi in advance so that they can pick you up in Nang Gu to take you to a bus station in Long Xuyen where there are plenty of buses to travel back to Saigon.

If you get off the bus near Nang Gu, there may not be a sound method of transport to go where you need to go.

Put some thoughts into it and let me know if I can help in any way.

I think the bus companies don't have the capacity for you to book a RT ticket online. When you get to Saigon, you can call them to make arrangement.

california
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ho chi minh city to phu my ?

Hi John,

Thanks for your advices.

You are right. From what information l can find so far is there is no Mai Linh or Phuong Trang route from long xuyen to Chau doc. So, I am thinking to book around trip ticket from saigon to long xuyen. Then, I hire a taxi to take us to Nang gu ferry, to go to Bao Ho bridge (Hung Nhon) . I will ask a taxi to wait for us . After we located the relative grave and pay our respect to it . Then we will go back to long xuyen to stay over night. I have no idea whether we can locate the relative grave or not. But at least we will give it a try.

The next day, we will board the bus and head back to ho chi minh city .

I am still strying to find out whether I can book a around trip ticket for us from Ho chi minh city to long xuyen at either mai linh office or phuong trang office . I sent an email to mai linh and phuong trang office, but have not heard back from them yet.

If it is not too much trouble, can you please help to find out how much taxi cost to hire it a full day. We just want to go from Long xuyen to hung nhon and back to long xuyen.

I am traveling with two elderly, so I need to plan everything in advance to make the trip as moothly as possible. If I can buy a round trip ticket from ho chi minh city before we are heading to long xuyen, that will be a big help to us .

Again, thanks a lot for your time and advices.