We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport shuttle from ho chi minh city airport

Which Ho Chi Minh City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Solon, Ohio
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
airport shuttle from ho chi minh city airport

how do I get from the airport to District 1 hotels?

127 replies to this topic
41. Re: airport shuttle from ho chi minh city airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 am, November 08, 2013

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,739 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: airport shuttle from ho chi minh city airport

Old thread, usual info:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293925-c30891/Ho-Chi…

Keflavik, Iceland
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
43. Re: airport shuttle from ho chi minh city airport

Best way is to walk to the left when your out, talk to the Visasun staff and they will put you in a taxi with ticket with the taxi number!, 160.000 did we pay incl airport fee. For those who dont have pass-photo on arrival you need to pay 5 usd for one photo at the Customs desk, you better get photos taken before you arrive.

This visa fee they we dont like, take it away and you will get much more tourist, we like´d Vietnam but go to Thailand the land of smile, much better :-)))

Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: airport shuttle from ho chi minh city airport

I ended up using Greenpath transfers. Their service was really good and the driver was helpful for myself, my family and our ample luggage post our visit to Hoi An's tailors. I paid just over $20 USD each way. I know I could have got it cheaper via taxis but I was happy with the price and service.

Edited: 9:47 pm, December 31, 2013
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
58 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: airport shuttle from ho chi minh city airport

We took a Vinasun taxi right outside arrivals to district one a few days ago the cost was 140,000VND. Taxis around town are cheap too.

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: airport shuttle from ho chi minh city airport

Last year we booked a private transfer back in the UK and although the driver was very good It cannot be said of the car, it was a death trap but it was an experience to behold.

The vinasun are very good

DO NOT go with anyone that comes up to you! They are fakes....

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
149 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: airport shuttle from ho chi minh city airport

You know that you don't have to pay the airport fee?

well at least I never paid it

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,401 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: airport shuttle from ho chi minh city airport

The last info I have is that you have to pay the airport toll so it is meter plus 10,000dong airport fee. You do not have to pay departure tax if that is what you are referring to. Someone else may have more recent advice but Vinasun had a notice in their cars that the airport toll was payable.

Cheers Ross

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,739 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: airport shuttle from ho chi minh city airport

I hate taxi.

Ross there is no more any note on Vinasun taxis but the drivers target everybody coming and going to airport with the airport fee from 10k to 20k, that should be payed by the driver only on exiting the airport...

I just don't care, I've increased to 1E the minimum threshold to start caring...so unless the total is outside the usual range i really do not care, but it will be mood dependent. ^^__^^

Still remember at arrival the driver wanted something, i was sleeping on the taxi and the hotel staff was "negotiating" for me....

In one week i'll take a taxi at home and it will start at 15E before entering it.

I hate taxi.

Ho Chi Minh City...
1 post
Save Reply
50. Re: airport shuttle from ho chi minh city airport

Two days ago I took bus nr. 152 from Ho Chi Minh (SGN) Airport to the city (district 1). The bus leaves in front of the international terminal and costs 10.000 dong.

It has a stop at the central bus station in district 1 right next to the roundabout and park and opposite the Ben Thanh Market. It took about 30-40 minutes in the early morning, can take up to one hour in heavy traffic.

From the central bus station in district 1, the first bus leaves at 6am and last bus at 6pm, according to the staff at the bus station. The frequency is every twenty minutes.

I think this is a very good alternative to the taxi as it is trustworthy and soooo much cheaper. Even the bus driver spoke some english and he was very kind and happy that some westerner took the bus. he told me when I had to get off, so nothing to worry about at all.

I hope I could help all the budget travellers with that post :) as I am one of you.

Reply to: airport shuttle from ho chi minh city airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted