We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

last day, what can i do ..............

Which Ho Chi Minh City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
north wales
Level Contributor
173 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
last day, what can i do ..............

last day in HCMC, done all the tourist stuff, any suggestions what i can do on my last day, cheap or better still free, seems silly to be aimlessly wonder the streets

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
808 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: last day, what can i do ..............

You could go to the Ben Thanh bus terminus and jump on a #1 to the Binh Tay local market in District 6 for a look at another area.

Hue, Vietnam
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: last day, what can i do ..............

You've seen all tourist trails, now wandering the back streets/alleys to see how locals live. Not a bad idea.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,113 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: last day, what can i do ..............

Go to 23/9 Park along Pham Ngu Lao Street late in the day and watch the locals playing shuttlecock with their feet !

Cheers Ross

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: last day, what can i do ..............

Be prepared to fend off a lot of students and teachers wanting to practice English, if you do what bowenarrow suggests. Unless you don't want to, that is.

Take your camera, or your camera phone and try to see life through a 5 by 3 frame. You might be surprised at what you end up with.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,113 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: last day, what can i do ..............

Jim you must be a real social person.

Ross

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,035 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: last day, what can i do ..............

Personally I would take interaction anyday!

I love photography but I would prefer to converse with the person than shoot them :-)

Edited: 7:13 am, April 03, 2013
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: last day, what can i do ..............

I am, bowenarrow. I teach. And I speak Vietnamese. And for three days in a row I've talked with same students and their two teachers.

Sometimes people just want to be left alone, that's all. I offered some advice that differed from the age old go people watching. Take me out in the back and shoot me.

north wales
Level Contributor
173 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: last day, what can i do ..............

We went and looked down all the side streets, saw how the locals, lived and worked, very interesting, made me take a step back from my life and look for sure

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: last day, what can i do ..............

Hi,

You can visit some museums.its very cheap

10. Re: last day, what can i do ..............

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 09, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Ho Chi Minh City