We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caravelle or Continental?

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
272 reviews
Save Topic
Caravelle or Continental?

Which one? The Caravelle is £40 a night cheaper like for like room.

Thanks

QLD
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caravelle or Continental?

Sounds like you have your decision

Personally, if spending that sort of coin I would be looking at 2 bedroom serviced apartments.

Edited: 6:38 am, March 09, 2013
Sydney
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caravelle or Continental?

I tried the upmarket area once and will never go back. For 20 pound a night we can stay comfortably in district 1 and be surrounded by vibrancy and fun :-)

IMO,

Mark

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caravelle or Continental?

We stayed at the Continental and enjoyed our stay there but I think the Caravelle is a higher level.

Chicago
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Caravelle or Continental?

Stayed at the Caravelle my first time in HCMC. The room and service was great. It really depends if you want the 5 star hotel or just a clean bed and hot shower. I have since stayed at almost every type of hotel there and most are very decent from 2 star on up.

QLD
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Caravelle or Continental?

"The room and service was great. It really depends if you want the 5 star hotel or just a clean bed and hot shower. "

I go to other lands to experience the country and people , not the hotel staff and hotel food.

I can stay at home at a nice hotel and get the same experience minus the airfares

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
657 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Caravelle or Continental?

it sometime feel like a crime to spend more than 50$ for a room...it is not forbidden to enjoy 5 stars luxury.

Caravelle and continental are both great places. Hyatt get more charm I think

Brisbane
Level Contributor
298 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Caravelle or Continental?

Thoroughly enjoyed our long weekend at the Caravelle last year as a break from Singapore. Central location and walking distance to most attractions. Plenty of eating options close by. Addeded attraction of the Rooftop Bar.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,377 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Caravelle or Continental?

dacaro

I go to other lands to experience the country and people , not the hotel staff and hotel food. I can stay at home at a nice hotel and get the same experience minus the airfares

--------------

I don't know dacaro, it's not as if you are staying in a resort. Given the difference in prices, staying in a 5 star can be an experience. For instance I have only ever stayed once in a 4 star in the UK and that was a fairly expensive affair. In Thailand, more affordable and the experience? .... more, more, more please. But then reality sinks in. :-( Having stayed in the Caravelle once, it does offer some views and good service. Only downer is that prices in Vietnam are more up than in Thailand. Going cheap is fine but sometimes you can't beat a bit of luxury.

QLD
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Caravelle or Continental?

My point would be that you could stay in a standard 38m2 room at the caravelle for $200 a night

or in say a 60m2 suite with Jacuzi in another for half that price which I am sure is equaly luxurious

http://tinyurl.com/b72mgkp

I now have an extra $100 a day to satisfy my god complex if I so desire.

Or again I could stay in a caravelle suite at $400 a night

or in a 2 bedroom serviced apartment for half that price or even less

http://tinyurl.com/amwakzn

I now have $200 a day extra to satisfy my god like needs

If I actually spent more than 4 minutes looking I am sure I could come up with better examples

Ho Chi Minh City...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Caravelle or Continental?

Hi, i stayed before in carravelle,very nice, but this time stay in district 1 ;3 and 4 star hotel, much better value for money.