We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with where to stay in District 1

Which Ho Chi Minh City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Zealand
Level Contributor
349 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Help with where to stay in District 1

My husband and I will be visiting HCMC in May with our adult daughter. We will be staying 2 nights only. Arriving around 8.30pm on our first night and departing early morning after 2 nights stay. As we have such a short stay we would like to be close to everything without too much walking and crossing roads in the crazy traffic to get around. My husband and I have been to Hanoi and found crossing roads got to you after a while. A bit nerve racking. We plan to visit a few sights and the market. Also plan on doing an evening food tour with XO tours on our 2nd night.

I want to keep the price of the hotel down as we won't be in it for overly long so have not been looking at Western style hotels with pools. We want somewhere with nice presentation, good size clean rooms, friendly staff service, reasonably quiet and handy location all for a good price around US$85 pn max.

I have been looking at Little Saigon Boutique Hotel, Beautiful Saigon 2 (not sure about being in middle of backpacker area as don't really know what this means, noise maybe?), Beautiful Saigon 3, Cap Town and Signature Saigon Hotel. Beautiful Saigon 2 is probably the cheapist. Some of these offer triple rooms others we would have to have 2 seperate rooms. All of these are within our budget.

Would love some help from people who know these hotels and could give me an idea as to which would suit our needs best. I would also be open to any other hotel recommendatons. Cheers Kiwi

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,351 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Help with where to stay in District 1

Yes Bertie if you cross a canal you might be a long way from Ben Thanh Market !

Cheers Ross

New Zealand
Level Contributor
349 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Help with where to stay in District 1

Thanks for that info Bernie. Just to clarify. Are you saying its approx 20 000 dong for every 5kms or 20 000 for every km? Cheers kiwi

23. Re: Help with where to stay in District 1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 04, 2014